Which sight is most recommended?

• Spot Hogg

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Black Gold

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Hey, archers. I'm looking at a couple sights for sale that I'm interested in picking up for my Mathews Halon 32 6. I have a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie (fixed) on another bow and I like it, but I'd like to get a little more length out of it (hence the interest in the XL or Pro sights). Since the Halon and Halon 32's are on the heavier side, I'm also considering the MBG pro sight, to cut weight and maintain adjustability. If I get the SH, I'd likely go a 2-pin. If I go MBG, I'll take a 3-pin and make the bottom my slider.

Am I thinking too much into it or does it seem reasonable? Any experience with both sights? My main interest for this bow will be western hunting, so feel free to mention any considerations I have not made!

Spot Hogg is super durable and has great customer service. I’m sure black gold makes a good sight too, known for their pin brightness. I don’t think just upgrading to a new sight will get your more range though.

ZDR

WKR
MBG Mountain lite 3 pin. Dual indicators, lightweight but tough. Hard to best when you can dial from 20 to 100+ with the dual indicators

TX_Diver

WKR
I have a fast eddie XL double pin and a MBG mountain lite 3 pin right now. I shot the MBG last year and picked up the SH to try through the winter/spring. Right now I'm leaning towards the MBG again as I can have 30, 40, 50 set up, but going to give the SH another month and try shooting with the bottom pin on it a bit more first.

Either is a good choice though.

OP
B
MBG Mountain lite 3 pin. Dual indicators, lightweight but tough. Hard to best when you can dial from 20 to 100+ with the dual indicators
Thank you for this recommendation. I ended up getting a [barely] used 3-pin from a guy. He custom ordered it with a 4" dovetail mount and dual indicators...excited to mount it on the bow and sight it in!