Sightron SII 7x50 WP vs SII BigSky 10x32

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Just want to get my brother a gift. He does not hunt but would like a pair of non Chinese made binoculars that dont cost much. I know the SII BigSky are made in the Philippines and i THINK the Sightron SII WP series are too but not sure. We live very near a large farm with all kinds of things like elk, bison, ect ect ect. So nothing fancy is needed just to look a few hundred feet across the street and both are extremely well priced atm.

Main difference im seeing is the WP has porro prisms and the the BigSky are roof. The BigSky are also labled as Fully Multi Coated and the WP are descibed as Multi Coated so the BigSky glass may be slightly better. The WP i can get are about $15 less so the cost difference is basically nothing.

Hoodie

WKR
The Sightron binocular most people rave about is the SII BlueSky 8x32. The only real detractor for those binoculars is that they have silver prism coatings instead of dielectric, which means they aren't quite as bright as most options in the $500 range. For this reason I'd go with the 8x32 over the 10x32. The exit pupil difference will be noticeable.

Aside from that minor difference the 8x32 BlueSky is truly incredible for the price. It's central sharpness is easily as good as most $500-1000 binoculars I've had. It is far and away the most bang for buck in the binocular world.

They're affordable anywhere, but if you're considering a used unit I have one I'd let go of for $75 shipped. I love trying out cheap binos with a reputation for punching above their price point, so I always have some laying around.

Can't speak to the optics on the porro as I haven't tried one.

OP
G

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered them today before they are gone. The 8x32s already went up in price. They were also sold as Kenko Ultra View EX OP. Either the DHII or DHIII is basically that same bino as the Sightron SII BigSky.

The SII WP 7x50s are $86 at opticsplanet. I think they said they got 5 left.

OP
G

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Well they arrived. Hard to believe these are $100 binoculars. They feel much more rugged than i was expecting too.

OP
G

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Called Sightron about the SII WPs. They said that they are made in the Philippines also so i grabbed a pair. Only $82 now so its worth a shot.

Oh and the SII Blue Sky 8x32s are back down to $99.99 again at Amazon and Adorama. Both come from Adorama. Mine were bought thru Amazon but the bag they came in was a Adorama bag.