Sightron

vermeire

Lil-Rokslider

A couple of the gunsmiths around me are really pushing this scope on their long range builds. Prices range from $460-500. I've known of Sightron but thought they were an expensive brand. Upon looking they seem very reasonably priced. Does anybody have experience with this or other of their scopes?

I'd also be interested in opinions of binoculars.

I have a Sightron I or II, 3x9x50 I can't remember which, on my son's 243. It's 12 or so years old and still a nice scope. Great clarity and has never had any issues. I bought it when it first came out from a friend who was a dealer. Haven't seen or heard about them in a long time!

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 s3 sightron 8-32x and they are excellent scopes for the money. The glass is clear and the turrets are solid. High recommend sightron s3 scopes.

Sako76

WKR
I'm a Leupold/NF guy. I bought a Sightron S-TAC 4-20 SFP Duplex to put on a Ruger Target/Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor for a schooting school class. Rifle/scope combination worked great, Shot in a torrential downpour (covered) for two days. I did run out of elevation for the 1000 yard target (after zeroing, I needed 31.25 MOA elevation and only could go to 30 MOA, I Kentuckied it and was fine).

A cop from Boston had some $3400 Vortex take a chit after 75 rounds on his Savage in 300 WM, the Savage also took a dump. Great scope for the money (I paid $302 on Optics Planet about a year ago with a discount coupon, I think they are around $400 now). Good luck.

2five7

WKR
The S-tac is their entry level LR scope, not to be confused with the superior SIII. Never owned one, but I do have pretty good amount of experience with SIII's, and they are awesome.

slm9s

FNG
I run SIII's on my LR rigs, amazing value and very reliable. I've owned an S-tac briefly. I thought the glass was good for the price point. The physical size seemed a bit clunky compared to the SIII, but not horrible. I never got a chance to dial it on a rifle.