Sights

Yukondog

WKR
Who makes a sight that has 5 pins and a 6th pin that is a slider? I would like to have my last pin adjustable so I can start shooting out past 60yds.

Thanks,

Matt

sk1

WKR
Who makes a sight that has 5 pins and a 6th pin that is a slider? I would like to have my last pin adjustable so I can start shooting out past 60yds.

Thanks,

Matt

are you then against the entire sight sliding moving all 5 pins like the montana black gold ascent?

just clarifying, otherwise that's my recommendation

shaun

WKR
I have the Hogg father that does that exact thing. Except I ordered the 7 pin. So I only slide if shooting past 80 yards. Thing is built like a tank plus has a nice long dovetil to extend it out as far as you would want. Spott Hogg also makes one called the Tommy Hogg also a great sight.

Slim Jim

WKR
I want to get the Hogg father myself. Just don't want to spend the $450. I have the five pin hunter from spot Hogg and love it but I am also looking to shoot out to farther distances

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Love my CBE Tek Hybrid. 6 pins with the bottom as my floater. It proved itself numerous times this year!

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
Love my CBE Tek Hybrid. 6 pins with the bottom as my floater. It proved itself numerous times this year!

Jared - are the top 5 pins fixed and the 6th able to move? It is hard to see on the website and it is not specific.

My current sight is a dove tail. I like that I can extend it out. For those that have shot both a fixed and dovetail type sight which do you prefer? I think I want to stick with the dove tail design.

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
Is there 3rd axis adjustment on the CBE Hybrid? Can't seem to find it. I see that the Hunter has it.

Matt

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the spot Hoggs that are sliders, the entire housing moves together, so all the pins move. Most people use the bottom pin as the one used when moving it. Spot Hoggs are almost bullet proof ANC you can't go wrong with it.

Segan

FNG
I use a sure loc but most everyone I shoot with shoots a CBE. They had to order their sights with 3rd axis block. I don't think they come standard on all models but I could be wrong on that. The only fixed sight with a bottom floater that I'm aware of is the G-5 optix. I know a ton of people really like the Montana black gold sights. Check them out. I can practice out around 140 yards with my setup. It makes a 60 yarder feel like a chip shot. Good luck hope this helps.

My two cents. I have and have shot Spot Hoggs for a long time. There might have been a few times that I have actually used my sight to support my weight, not by choice, while trying to climb up out of a deep god for saken hole, and the sight held it's zero (2nd and 3rd axis). You would not go wrong with a Spot Hogg. I have also herd good things about CBE, but have not held or used one.

Lawnboi

WKR
IMO you cant go wrong with a MBG or Spot hogg slider. Havnt used a CBE yet but id be willing to try one from hearing all the great stuff.

I like my MBG ascent though, and ill be sticking with it for a while yet. Those sliders are a little heavier than your normal fixed pin so just be aware of that, especially when you add in a dovetail that sticks the sight way out there.

The whole sight housing moves. I use 4 pins with it, and i use the bottom pin as my 'floater' I really like it so far. MBG pins are unbeatable.

I would pass on the G5, but thats just me

I use a Black Gold Ascent 5 pin, and use the bottom pin for longer distances, as it is a slider. I have it on a Vengeance base, for extra length and durability and third axis adjustability. I love the sight and the Customer Service is second to none.

Craig4791

WKR
I had the G5 optix XR2 and I was not impressed. The adjusting knob moved very easily and the bubble being blue made it nearly impossible for me to tell if I was bubbled up or not.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a Black Gold Ascent 5 pin, and use the bottom pin for longer distances, as it is a slider. I have it on a Vengeance base, for extra length and durability and third axis adjustability. I love the sight and the Customer Service is second to none.
I am debating a similar set up. These things just seem to be the way to go..

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR

I too have decided on that set up. Seems are to beat.

Lawnboi

WKR
I run a 4 pin ascent. All custom pins to what I want, all green, 2 .019 2 .010. Vengance head (if i could go back I would go with the simpler head, no need for micro adjustment imo. 4 in dovetail. I got the regular travel ascent but with I would have gone with the shorter one as ill be hitting my arrow with the sight before I get the max amount of adjustment.

Good sight, best pins in the industry when it comes to brightness, that photochromatic shell is nice too. Light enough yet still a tough sight. I still wish they would come up with a fully covered pin like Spot hogg has with thier bullet proof pins.

I also made my bottom two pins in .010 and the top three in .019

I should also add that earlier this fall, I took a bad spill down a mountain. When I stood up, I noticed that my Black Gold was broken. It broke in a weird place: the base that the site housing slides up and down on had sheared off. I was really bummed. I reattached it with duct tape, till I got back to the truck. Glad I had a back up bow :)

I sent it back to Black Gold. Three days after the day I dropped it off at UPS, it arrived on my front porch--good as new; completely free. I was blown away by that kind of quick work. They have a lifetime warranty. I was told that mine was one of only three sights that broke in that spot. They are going to somehow remedy that unusual problem in the future. They use the same aluminum that CPE and Spot Hogg do; I guess it hit the ground in "just the right way..."