Signed up for the Covid Zombie Juice.....

Fatcamp

WKR
.....or lifesaving vaccine. Whatever.

Been caring for those sick with this from the beginning. I have seen the entire spectrum from asymptomatic to death and have managed to avoid it despite my wife and son both getting it and being bedside 3-4 days a week.

I am old, fat, and smoked for 20 years, sign me up.

I will post here as my transition to flesh eating mutant progresses.

Just a curiosity question - not trying to start anything, but if it's so highly contagious, and you have spent so much time around the sick, including your own family, how have you NOT gotten it?

Same thing happened with my aunt - she got it; her partner never did - tested for the antibodies and the virus and negative for both.

You would think being in the same house - or brining your spouse meals or whatever, that you would be a sure thing to contract it

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Just a curiosity question - not trying to start anything, but if it's so highly contagious, and you have spent so much time around the sick, including your own family, how have you NOT gotten it?

Same thing happened with my aunt - she got it; her partner never did - tested for the antibodies and the virus and negative for both.

You would think being in the same house - or brining your spouse meals or whatever, that you would be a sure thing to contract it

Slept in the basement and my wife and kid were self-sufficient as their cases were mild.

As far as work goes we have protocols for a reason. PAPR hoods and gown/glove changes when entering and exiting rooms. Covid patients are in negative airflow rooms and usually are tested prior to making it to our floor. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I've washed and sanitized my hands in the last 9 months. My coworkers who have gotten it are primarily young and have contracted it from social gatherings and roommates.

Our department is ordering doses and asking who wants it. I’m going to pass for now. I thought I would get it when the hypothetical question was asked but now with it real I just don’t know.

Geewhiz

WKR
Our department is ordering doses and asking who wants it. I’m going to pass for now. I thought I would get it when the hypothetical question was asked but now with it real I just don’t know.

I'm in the same boat as you. Admin came around and asked who wants it when its available. Think i'm going to hold off for now. I was never one to buy the first year of a new motor in a pickup. Give it a year or two to get the kinks worked out.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
I'm in the same boat as you. Admin came around and asked who wants it when its available. Think i'm going to hold off for now. I was never one to buy the first year of a new motor in a pickup. Give it a year or two to get the kinks worked out.

That is where I was initially, but in the last month I have had a few patients that look a whole lot like me. Age, background, hobbies. Scared me a little.

I Am Legend Zombie>Walking Dead Zombie

Broomd

WKR
Thanks for posting this FC, I was disappointed to see the other thread nuked.
Was hoping to see that thread trend in this direction. Maybe that will happen here with kind responses, and even handed moderation.

We did see a video on Facebook video from a doctor (woman with MD from Dartmouth.) It scared the crap outta us with her take on it.
We've (have been/are???) planning on getting the juice. I'll grab her video when I can find it...it's got some serious allegations in it....

NoWiser

WKR
My wife opted in, with my encouragement. I think she'll be in the 2nd round at her hospital. I've seen just enough of this virus to know I want zero part in getting it.

Wapiti1

WKR
I heard that onX and Gaia are working on tracking tech that works with the nanobots in the vaccine. Should help us anti-vaxxers get this apocalypse taken care of easier.

I'm sorry I shot you for trying to eat my brain in advance. You probably won't understand the apology when the time comes this spring.

Jeremy

For the record, I'll get the vaccine at the appropriate time if needed. I've had Covid, and I have no idea what that means from a vaccine standpoint.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Thanks for posting this FC, I was disappointed to see the other thread nuked.
Was hoping to see that thread trend in this direction. Maybe that will happen here with kind responses, and even handed moderation.

We did see a video on Facebook video from a doctor (woman with MD from Dartmouth.) It scared the crap outta us with her take on it.
We've (have been/are???) planning on getting the juice. I'll grab her video when I can find it...it's got some serious allegations in it....

I think it's a valid thing to discuss, and despite appearances not something I take lightly.

Sometimes a little humor helps to keep the mood light. Hope we can share experiences as this moves forward.

CodyAK

Lil-Rokslider
I've been indifferent about this virus from the get-go. I've been directly exposed 3 times and tested three times. I've yet to test positive. I'm still in the service and will have to get the vaccine once it trickles down to us. My wife is also in healthcare and will get hers soon. I'm not going to fight it but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to get it if I had the choice. I'd want to wait a bit longer to see what adverse reactions that have to the vaccine.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
I'll likely be in the 2nd round to get it at my hospital; young, healthy, no comorbidities. I also have already had it, including my wife and kid. Not sure if that affects if and when I'm supposed to get it. Understand why people don't want to get it, I'm not a big conspiracy theory dude.

ODB

WKR
Slept in the basement and my wife and kid were self-sufficient as their cases were mild.

As far as work goes we have protocols for a reason. PAPR hoods and gown/glove changes when entering and exiting rooms. Covid patients are in negative airflow rooms and usually are tested prior to making it to our floor. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times I've washed and sanitized my hands in the last 9 months. My coworkers who have gotten it are primarily young and have contracted it from social gatherings and roommates.

This isn’t the case when those pts go to radiology. The X-ray, CT, and MRI rooms are not setup for negative airflow. Hell, last week a nurse brought a pt down to my wife for an mri. The nurse was wearing a papr and didn’t tell my wife the pt was cv+ until she rolled her into the room. My wife was pissed.

wife had a CV test yesterday because she got run down and started feeling sick. She had done CV pts on Sunday night so hospital said she had to have neg test to come back to work. Got neg results this morning.

wife has worked around cv pts for almost a year now, almost daily. There’s a lot of questions with CV

One question I had is this...when you have a novel virus and are shedding virus particles at the early stages of the disease before you are symptomatic, when you wear a mask, are you increasing the viral load, thus making matters worse by continually breathing in deep to your lungs viral particles you may be ejecting from your nasal cavities?

inhave heard viral loading can be attributed to more severe cases like nursing homes.

it makes one wonder...

God bless all you guys faced with this decision. Tough one either way and I hope you make the right decision for yourself and more importantly I hope you manage to stay healthy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You should send me and my wife yalls bows before you fall into zombiedom :ROFLMAO:

World war z zombies >I am legend zombies > walking dead zombies.

fwafwow

WKR
Thanks OP = please keep us posted. Do you know which of the types you are getting (Pfizer or Moderna)?

I am also in the camp of having had the virus and not knowing exactly what that means with respect to the vaccine, other than I've read (danger!) that my antibodies will not last forever (the time they will last seems to vary) and that it has been recommended that folks who have had it get (or consider getting) vaccinated. FWIW, due to some posts in the prior nuked thread, I got tested again for antibodies on Monday and yesterday learned that I still have them - five months after I was sick.