Sig’s warranty with electro optics

Sig makes one of the best rangefinders on the market. I have owned most of the big brands and it isnt even close. At the end of the day it is an electronic device, like a computer or phone, that has a limited life expectancy. To expect a rangefinder to last a lifetime is as stupid as expecting your iphone to last a lifetime. I like vortex for the same reason everybody else does, but I know the lifetime warranty is priced into the product, especially the electronics.

Ucsdryder

WKR
But their scope electronics are lifetime. Illumination etc.
You might be right, but when I company treats me poorly as a consumer I move on. Since then I’ve bought 3 rifle scopes, a spotting scope, a pair of binos, 2 rangefinders and a pair oF RF binos. All they had to do was take care of an obvious manufacturer defect and I would have purchased a lot more glass from then. Instead, I’ll never use them again and let others know what happened.

You might be right, but when I company treats me poorly as a consumer I move on. Since then I’ve bought 3 rifle scopes, a spotting scope, a pair of binos, 2 rangefinders and a pair oF RF binos. All they had to do was take care of an obvious manufacturer defect and I would have purchased a lot more glass from then. Instead, I’ll never use them again and let others know what happened.
It sounds like you were in fact past the warranty. As such, they honored their end of deal, per the agreement. However, if this iui s the case, you appear to want to change the rules after the fact.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It sounds like you were in fact past the warranty. As such, they honored their end of deal, per the agreement. However, if this iui s the case, you appear to want to change the rules after the fact.
You’re absolutely correct. Following the letter of the law they had every right to tell me to pound sand which they did. I managed a sales team for a looooong time and I can’t count the number of times I broke a “rule” for a customer when I could have fallen back on our policy. I won’t argue with you for a second because you’re correct.

You’re absolutely correct. Following the letter of the law they had every right to tell me to pound sand which they did. I managed a sales team for a looooong time and I can’t count the number of times I broke a “rule” for a customer when I could have fallen back on our policy. I won’t argue with you for a second because you’re correct.
I give you props for that. Choosing to not do business with Sig due to their limited warranty is legit and I can fully respect that. You are also correct, breaking the rules for a unit that iui s 1month out of warranty would just be good business. Their unwillingness is rather worrisome.

You think that’s bad…try a leupold. TWO YEARS!!!!! Yes, 2 measly years, which for the guy that goes on 1 weeks long hunt a year means an almost new electronic device. I refuse to sue ANY leupold product after they told me to kick rocks for a rangefinder that was basically new but more than 2 years old. I’ll spend my money elsewhere!
Kind of on you bro for not knowing or understanding the warranty isnt it? Leupold will usually give you a pretty awesome discount on a new one even if it is out of warranty. I still have a RX1000 I got over a decade ago that works 🤷🏻‍♂️.

What did you expect them to do? Replace it for free?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Kind of on you bro for not knowing or understanding the warranty isnt it? Leupold will usually give you a pretty awesome discount on a new one even if it is out of warranty. I still have a RX1000 I got over a decade ago that works 🤷🏻‍♂️.

What did you expect them to do? Replace it free of cost?
First I’m not your bro….

Second, if you read farther I explained my point and theirs and said I understand the policy and they’re welcome to not stand behind their product and stand behind their policy. Which is the worst in the industry btw. When you bought your rx-1000 did you expect it to last 2 years and 1 day? If it broke after 2 years and 1 day, started giving you incorrect readings would you have been happy? If your new truck blew its engine at 36,100 miles would you been happy with the manufacturer? To add insult to injury this was a backup that had been used 2-3 times total. It spent 99.99999% of its life in my desk.

First I’m not your bro….

Second, if you read farther I explained my point and theirs and said I understand the policy and they’re welcome to not stand behind their product and stand behind their policy. Which is the worst in the industry btw. When you bought your rx-1000 did you expect it to last 2 years and 1 day? If it broke after 2 years and 1 day, started giving you incorrect readings would you have been happy? If your new truck blew its engine at 36,100 miles would you been happy with the manufacturer? To add insult to injury this was a backup that had been used 2-3 times total. It spent 99.99999% of its life in my desk.
😂😂🙄I knew what the warranty was when I bought the rangefinder. Just like I knew Sig wouldnt warranty their rifle scope electronic components when I bought a Tango 6, which I think is stupid personally. I just bought a new truck last year and bought an extended warranty - 100k miles or 7 yrs or something like that because I understand things happen. You obviously don’t understand electronics - they need to be used, they don’t do well just sitting there doing nothing. Its not good for them.

Also the reason I buy all of my red dots from Vortex. Most places have crappy warranties on red dots.

Sounds like vortex is your huckleberry and you should stay in that lane.

Or you could just stop being a cheap bastard and understand most companies can’t warranty electronics for life and you are probably going to have to replace them like a cell phone.

Ucsdryder

WKR
😂😂🙄I knew what the warranty was when I bought the rangefinder. Just like I knew Sig wouldnt warranty their rifle scope electronic components when I bought a Tango 6, which I think is stupid personally. I just bought a new truck last year and bought an extended warranty - 100k miles or 7 yrs or something like that because I understand things happen. You obviously don’t understand electronics - they need to be used, they don’t do well just sitting there doing nothing. Its not good for them.

Also the reason I buy all of my red dots from Vortex. Most places have crappy warranties on red dots.

Sounds like vortex is your huckleberry and you should stay in that lane.

Or you could just stop being a cheap bastard and understand most companies can’t warranty electronics for life and you are probably going to have to replace them like a cell phone.
Who you calling a cheap bastard! Now you sound like my wife!!! 😂

I don’t think I’ll be buying any more Sig optics. I bought a Kilo 2000 several years ago when they were the only real alternative to something like the Vectronix. I still have no major complaints about it besides the glass quality being horrible. I don’t use it to scan but it can be tough to even locate what you were just watching with your bino’s due to the fuzzy blue lenses.

My real beef has been with their Romeo 5 red dot, one in particular. It is widely regarded as basically bulletproof, and my first one was. My second one went back to them 3 times for the dot disappearing before I finally said screw it and replaced it. They live on my range toys now and my serious use rifles are wearing Aimpoint PRO’s.