Sil Nylon/ Sil Poly tape

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
DIY/MYOG pro's,

For lack of skill I want to tape my tipi/tarp panels together before sewing. What tape is light, cheap and holds long enough to stitch my panels together, non structural? I have many, many projects under my belt and am just looking for a cleaner product.

Thanks

WoodBow

WKR
Buy the 1/2" clear double sided tape from the office supply aisle at walmart. No need to put it full length of seam. I do about 6" pieces with about the same distance between them. Be careful not to stretch the tape before you stick it or it will bunch the fabric. You can slice the tape roll thinner and it would actually work better. I sew right through it and obviously leave it in the seam. Ideally you want the tape thinner than your seam so that it doesnt show. Your sewing machine will not notice any difference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mlsthmpsn

FNG
I used dabs and strips of Fabri-Tac glue on silnylon for my tipi build last year (after fighting the first couple panels and having one side stretch more than the other even with a million wonder clips).

The Fabri-Tac can be found at most local sewing stores (even walmart here). I would do this on the floor all laid out, clip the two end of the seam together and maybe a couple in the middle so it's more manageable. Put a strip or dab along one piece of fabric, and press the seam together (pressing into the floor) and hold them for a few seconds for the stuff to dry up a bit....by the time I was getting down to the end of a 7ft seam, the whole rest of it was completely dry and you'd have to pull it apart to separate them.

Used it for keeping zippers in place, the fine mesh for vents and screen doors, pretty much everyting after I started using it.

Oh, and the picture reminded me....a bit of sandpaper to rough up the silnylon made it work a lot better.

20180805_102143[1].jpg