Silencer Central Experience Needed

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
While their process is easy, I agree with the others on the delays. I did the Black Friday deal last year along with having some gift money I’d received to spend there (parents live in SD and know some folks there). and paperwork didn’t go in until late January. They promote their payment plan and the way they drag their feet, you are paid in full almost before the paperwork goes in. Kiosk or local dealer only for me going forward.

I’m interested to see how the order I just made with them is going to play out. I know we hey have their banish stuff in stock but I ordered one from another manufacturer so I’m guessing they will have to jump in line to order it and wait for that to happen before anything gets started. Not a big deal, I have other silencers to play with while I wait.

I ordered on Cyber Monday (Buy Banish 30 and get a free 22K suppressor). The deal was too good to pass up, even though I have several friends that said they wouldn't order through them again. Well, ordered 11/29/21, paperwork submitted to ATF on 3/2/2022..... I was not happy with how long their side of things took. I understood the ATF would take a while, but seeing them selling suppressors like hot cakes at guns shows while my paperwork just sits there really didn't sit well with me. My applications were approved on 8/12/22, and I completed my 4473...still nothing has shipped as of today.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered on Cyber Monday (Buy Banish 30 and get a free 22K suppressor). The deal was too good to pass up, even though I have several friends that said they wouldn't order through them again. Well, ordered 11/29/21, paperwork submitted to ATF on 3/2/2022..... I was not happy with how long their side of things took. I understood the ATF would take a while, but seeing them selling suppressors like hot cakes at guns shows while my paperwork just sits there really didn't sit well with me. My applications were approved on 8/12/22, and I completed my 4473...still nothing has shipped as of today.
At least you were able to use e forms (it appears). I called and asked and was told no, had to go paper. I'll be lucky to get mine my New Year 2023.

Basic story is their CS is sub-sub par. IMO - They've outgrown their back office with sales and promos (se their IG or FB posts with one person appearing to work 800 approvals). I think they hang their hat on ATF taking a while, so they can blame them (ATF) for dragging their (SiCen) feet.

bought Dec 20th, stamp email Aug 11th, in my grubby hands Aug 30th.... 8 months and 10 days since purchase.... STILL waiting on 2.
IMG_1638.JPG

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
I drive by their new office/warehouse daily. No desire to stop in. Mack Bros makes the banish silencers. Buy a mack bros titanium silencer for $150 less than the banish. SS is one of the fastest growing companies in SD, and while I applaud them for bringing a convenience based purchase experience and helping increase the market and awareness, I'd rather support other local dealers.

ID_Matt

WKR
I have 4 suppressors and they all came from local dealers with no kiosk. If you have a shop close to you, my vote is to use that if they offer the can you want. The stamp will likely get submitted faster if they know what they are doing, and you'll have a person to talk to with questions. The allure of the kiosk before was digital prints and being a one stop shop without having to go out and get photos/prints.

Rieckman

Lil-Rokslider
I got one off a prize table (Banish 22) Process was simple, and they got it on my existing trust. The wait wasn't really on them as I had others that came back in similar time periods from a different retailer.

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
I appreciate all the responses. Seems like peoples experiences are all over the board with them. I might see what a local dealer can do for me. I’m also looking into other cans like TBac and Deadair sandman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I appreciate all the responses. Seems like peoples experiences are all over the board with them. I might see what a local dealer can do for me. I’m also looking into other cans like TBac and Deadair sandman.

I think people are threatened by silencer central and the banish 30. So many people trash on it without ever using one, you dont really see this going on with other silencers. People don’t want to believe there is something as good as their other silencers.

Unckebob

WKR

If you want to use your can on a blot action rifle, I strongly recommend the Dead Air Nomad vs their Sandman.
-I have the Nomad which can use a lot of different mounting solutions including direct thread, Key-Mo (which is great but heavy), and Xeno ( much lighter than Key-Mo). I currently have my set up with a mount to use the Area 419 Muzzle devices on my target guns. I can switch back to direct thread in about 5 months,

- The Sandman is a hard use can wed to the KeyMo system. If you shoot a high volume of ammo out of AR's this this the can for you. Mine should be out of ATF Jail next month.

My next can will be lighter & smaller than the Nomad. I am shooting for a 5" can knowing I'll give up some suppression.

I think people are threatened by silencer central and the banish 30. So many people trash on it without ever using one, you dont really see this going on with other silencers. People don’t want to believe there is something as good as their other silencers.
I'm waiting on a Banish 30 from them, but they also just ordered a TBAC22 for me and will put it on my trust thru them and let me make payments on it while it's waiting for approval.

sveltri

WKR
My experience has so far been painless. Ordered on 22 Mar, phone interview for ATF processing 20 Apr, still waiting on ATF. Would definitely use SC again.

While my use of suppressors is minimal, I've used the Banish 30 on my 300 wsm and can honestly say it was a joy to shoot. No real complaints.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll never deal with them again. I bought 3 Banish cans on Dec 20th. It took them until Feb 20th to submit them to the ATF. C,mon, 2 frigging months? Then it took the ATF until Feb 26th to send my conf email. I am already 66 days in at this point, into what the salesman said would be 90 or LESS, total. All I got outta them was excuses, lies and broken promises. Finally got the email from the ATF that only one of the 3 had been approved. That was on Aug 11th. The email I received from SC that day said they had to notify my local sheriff, and then 'must' wait at least 7 days before they could mail it. Well, it's now Aug 27th and nothing.... Jeez, it's not like they didn't have 8 frigging months to have these ready to mail. As of yesterday, the other 2 are still pending, not assigned.

I’ve read enough similar stories to this to where I would not purchase from them.

I’m lucky enough to have Capitol Armory in my state and every transaction has been painless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

spur60

Lil-Rokslider

You can see 5-10 banish 30's or the previous versions the varminter 1/2/3/4 at the range I shoot at any given saturday. Nobody is bashing the cans. Most of the end users like them for what they are. Hell some of the guys at the range are Silencer Central employees.
If you do some reading, you'll quickly realize there's a common theme, and it's not bashing of the cans. The salesmen at shows don't have much tech spec knowledge, and rather than admit that and try to get you an answer; they tend to talk down about other cans that are highly regarded across the shooting community, with zero tech to back up the sh!t talking. "That is their market. They sell to first time suppressor purchasers. They make sales to people that don't have a ton of knowledge and are just starting to toss around the idea of buying their first suppressor. If you continue your interest in suppressors you quickly realize they are not the right people to continue doing business with." - sums it up nicely. It's become a successful business model, and has greatly expanded interest in NFA goodies. It's just not a style that everybody likes.

svivian

WKR
So they are running a special where the tax stamp is free as well as setting up the trust. Is it worth it? o_O

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
So they are running a special where the tax stamp is free as well as setting up the trust. Is it worth it? o_O
Depends on what cans are part of the promotion. Website says you have to call for more info.