Silencer Central Suppressor ATF Approval Lead Times

Silencershop has very good customer service and the kiosks are very easy to use. I bought two suppressors. Checks were cashed within a month.

Split toe

WKR
I would never use them. My cousin did and they sat on his application for almost 4 months before submitted to ATF.

cgasner1

WKR
Picked one up Friday stamp took almost a year like my other 2 have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
A year is about normal right now. E-file existed for a short period of time a couple years back and was supposedly cancelled due to issues they were having and was only recently reinstated.

The wait time has absolutely nothing to do with Silencer Central. Anyone buying a supressor should know that you are going to wait no matter who or where you buy from, you get your place in line based on when you submit your form, it's pretty well known.

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
I used silencer shop payed April 5th 2021 check cashed 4/28/21 and got the call that my tax stamp was ready Saturday 4/30/22

Last edited:
I feel for some of those that had paper filing going. Wait times sound pretty frustrating. A friend who did an E-file awhile back had his come through in 4.5 or 5 months. If you can make the trip to a place that has a silencershop or can do everything in one go that is the way to do it!

BadEarth

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered my suppressor Dec 21’ and had the meeting with the SC rep at the end of February to submit it. I hadn’t heard anything after that day so I called in April to make sure it was submitted and all good, and they said yes. But I have yet to receive any emails saying the ATF has the paperwork like everyone seems to get. I logged in to my ATF account and it shows nothing. Should I be able to see it on there?

Grosbc

FNG
I did efile with a trust May 8 and still waiting for approval, so 105 days so far.

In my experience of buying 4 suppressors through silencer central, they don’t submit your paperwork very fast. They submit it all right around the 3 month mark. That means your check gets cashed at about the 4 month mark. Did you inquire with atf what date your check was cashed? I started one of my suppressors with SC January 2nd 2021 (payment to SC on the 2nd) and my check was cashed at atf May 23rd 2021. That has been pretty standard with all of my transactions with them thus far.

Yup. Ordered Banish 30 and the free (w/ paid tax stamp) 22K suppressor on cyber Monday 11/29/2021

Was told I had to file paper since e-file didn't go live until late December which was wrong, cuz I did e-file eventually.

My application was submitted to the ATF on 03/02/2022 (93 days after the purchase).

ATF approved the e-filed app on 08/12/2022. (163 days for ATF to approve).

All the forms have been signed and submitted and my suppressor has not shipped as of 8/24/2022.

This will be my last business with Silencer Central, the free .22 suppressor was hard to pass up though.

OP
hoyt-guy

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
Update: Got the email on 7/6 that mine was approved. Received my suppressor in the mail about 10 days later. Was a long wait, but I did finally get mine in the end. If I do another, I will def use the efile option.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
Just checked my efile was May 9th and still haven’t received it… so about 110 days.

Other one had my check cashed and went pending paper file 8/8/21- ATF has it still pending as of today(I called in). So… 388 days of waiting on ATF.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Banish 30 through silencer central. Application submitted Jan 2021, just got the silencer in July 2022.

Just checked my efile was May 9th and still haven’t received it… so about 110 days.

Other one had my check cashed and went pending paper file 8/8/21- ATF has it still pending as of today(I called in). So… 388 days of waiting on ATF.
The average E file time is 180-190 days now. Most of the approvals I've seen were certified mid February. I've seen several paper guys over 400 days and some up around 480 days.

southLA

WKR
It will only get longer. AFT appears to be going through a ton of mid February submittals right now due to the large dump of EFiles. Won't be surprised to see this get over 200 days easily.