Silencing Kifarus?

I absolutely love my 44mag for backpack hunts and my 14R for day hunts. But I also love to still hunt. The bomb proof fabric that Kifaru uses is pretty noisy when walking and climbing thru brush, trees... I'm sure this applies to the other high end packs that use nylon or cordura fabrics. I had a Badlands pack that was made of fleece like material and it was really quiet but not very durable.

Any ideas for silencing these? I am not talking about creaks or noise from the suspension - just the outer shell rubbing on nature.

Maybe our friends at Kifaru could come up with a fleece version of their rain covers.? Easy on, easy off...

Drenalin

WKR
About the only "solution" I've heard of is guys wrapping a fleece vest around their pack.

Fleece wrapping would be about my only guess. Could rig something up for the shoulder straps and belt. Then throw a jacket over the bag.

Mountain_Life

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe try some of the methods mentioned in that ad "how to break in your carhartts".

Really though, it does seem like my pack gets quieter every year as it flexes and wears, but I could be just getting used to it, idk. The bag I use is fairly narrow without side pockets (a woodsman) so usually if the brush misses my shoulders it either slides on the frame or misses the bag completely. When I do notice the fabric noise is leaning back against sage brush, but thats avoidable if I want to keep noise down.

About the only "solution" I've heard of is guys wrapping a fleece vest around their pack.
Yeah, have someone make a fleece pack cover. I personally don’t worry about it, pack noise is way down the list of things can go wrong (for me, also crawling through the brush all year)

FLATHEAD

WKR
Seems like most higher end packs have that same "zippy/scratch"
sound to them.
Main reason I dont have one.

Seems like most higher end packs have that same "zippy/scratch"
sound to them.
Main reason I dont have one.
it's never, ever been a real world problem to me... touching your release to your riser has a way bigger chance of messing up a scenario (i have done that putting my range finder back in it's pocket)

i don't see a realistic scenario where pack noise to blow up an opportunity.... maybe if you have an x-pac bag, and find a reason to open your bag with an elk in bow range and dig around in it for a few seconds, getting frustrated and flailing around, and then close it back up.... most refrain from that type of stuff though, haha