Silverback for hunting?

cvanman

Lil-Rokslider
The Stanislawski Perfex Tension release is great. You get a tension release and if you need to fire quickly you can manually fire it by pushing the safety thumb button forward

Looking to up my accuracy this year, I know i've gotten good at punching the trigger and not always using back tension.

Just looking for some honest reviews from those who have used this release.

Thanks
I swapped to a Carter Evolution 20 (tension release) this year from a Carter Target 3 (traditional thumb release) that I hunted with for several years and I’ve shot thumb releases since the late 90s. Target panic was coming on a little strong and the tension release made all the difference. My shooting got much better overall and it was definitely the right choice for me. With hunting with a tension release you have to be very “in tune” with it. If your form breaks down or if you’re shooting from a different position than “normal” it can create some issues. With steep angles (I’m a whitetail hunter primarily) it will go off much quicker so be sure you are aiming where you want to be before taking your thumb off the safety. Also, shooting sitting down or kneeling can make it a little more difficult to get it to go off but it’s definitely possible. Overall negatives of it going off too soon or having to work a little more to get it to go off sitting outweigh punching the trigger or anything like that since I know what’s going to happen on those steep angles and such. I just tightened mine up 1/4-1/2 turn for hunting season. With the adrenaline and excitement in the woods it’s easier than you think to get the release to go off. Biggest thing, don’t take your thumb off the safety until the pin is on the spot. If you swap and really learn the release you’ll kill everything you shoot at.

WVUSAF

FNG
You can also get a truball sweet spot if you want a hinge with a safety. I have also switched to exclusively using a hinge for everything archery. I have target panic bad from years of punching and well the only way that goes away for me is with a hinge. I’d rather take my time and make a good shoot in any situation than punch the trigger and make a bad shot. That’s just me, I also used hinge for tournament archery, so I figured I might as well do it hunting as well.

JasonWi

WKR
I own the Silverback and the Trueball sweet spot and use the SS for hunting but shoot both all season long(swap rounds with them). It really helps my execute properly on the Trueball.

I've hunted with the Trueball since 2005 exclusively and have taken quite a few animals with it and can't say enough good things. But I could also see hunting with the silverback and just keeping the safety on until the pin is settled on the spot.