Simmons Prohunter scope questions or alternatives

cpalm9

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm shooting an old school Interarms Mark X in 7mm rem mag with an old Simmons scope. Honestly, I love the gun and it came from my FIL who has killed quite a few elk and antelope with it. The scope seems to work well for hunting but I'm considering upgrading after this season because I'm worried that I won't get much support if I break something on the scope*.

Is anyone familiar with this particular scope? Any recommendations for a similar model from other companies?

Thanks!

*disregard the lack of turret caps... I lost one due to a hole in my pocket. A buddy is 3D printing a new one! But another reason to look into something else... I can't get a new cap as far as I know.

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

grfox92

WKR
just my 2 cents and I'm no expert.....

Simmons are a budget scope. When I was young and broke I used some Simmons, Barska, BSA and other budget scopes. They look good in good daylight and work fine on small caliber firearms.

I would not however trust one on a magnum or heavier center fire rifle. I had 2 or 3 simmons scopes that I inherited or got in a trade deal and tried using all of them on a slug gun. none of them would hold zero from the recoil. So I have up on low end optics. I would hate to be walking around looking for game and not be confident in my gun shooting where I point it.

You seem to have had this set up for a long time and it seems to work for you so obviously there are exceptions to the rule.

If you are looking a budget friendly optic with an outstanding warranty Vortex Diamondback series is damn hard to beat.

I haven't heard much feed back buy the Sig Whiskey 3 seems to be a good optic for right around $200.

Good luck.

Gary.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk