Simms bootfoot g3 waders heel lift

jakeuac

FNG
Hello all, I used a pair of Simms G3 bootfoot waders last year for about 40 hunts. I am incredibly happy with the boots, except the slight bit of heel lift while walking in them. I have tried superfeet coppers in them, but had the same result. The front of my foot is perfectly snug, I don’t believe I could move down a size. Anyone have experience with this in waders and have a recommendation?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have not noticed that with my g3 boots, I’m going out fishing this afternoon though so I’ll pay more attention to it.

My wife felt that way withholder Patagonia boots so she removed the insoles all together. Now she loves the boots where before she wanted a different pair.

OP
J

jakeuac

FNG
I have not noticed that with my g3 boots, I’m going out fishing this afternoon though so I’ll pay more attention to it.

My wife felt that way withholder Patagonia boots so she removed the insoles all together. Now she loves the boots where before she wanted a different pair.
I might have to give that a try. It could be a possibility that the insole is actually putting my heel too high in the boot.

Sell the G3 and get the G4. Supposedly the heel up in those has been improved. I have the 3’s and haven’t noticed any heel slip either but the stiffness of the collar is downright uncomfortable. The 4’s a quite a bit softer around the collar.