Simms (Veil) "River camo" in the woods/mountains

Long time Simms fan here, coming from the fishing world. I don't have any camo outerwear, and with a few bowhunting trips coming up I've been looking around. To my untrained eye, the new Simms "river camo" looks pretty much like many of the other high-tech, high-end hunting patterns.

Any thoughts on it, specifically for archery elk or whitetail? Thanks in advance!

Here's what I'm looking at: Kinetic Jacket - Simms Fishing Products

geriggs

WKR
Looks like a great option. Camo is up there with anything else ive seen. Looks pretty functional and not real heavy. Wind blocker and insulation plus DWR sounds like a solid piece. I wouldnt hesitate to hunt with it. Dont know how well it breathes though.

I saw this too and it looks good. Simms makes and awesome product...very much the Sitka/FL of the fishing world

K

Kootenay Hunter

I have a Simms wading jacket and it's very high quality, it's sort of the benchmark for when I look for other jackets. I see a lot of cross-over potential between fishing and hunting clothing brands, as many features are desirable by both activities.

OP
V
Cool, thanks all. I've got plenty of Simms gear and it's generally speaking pretty bombproof. I guess my only concern at this point would be how quiet it is. Hopefully I can find one locally to mess with.

Trial153

WKR
I just have about 2 dozen simms pieces right now. All pretty much good to very good quality. No reason at all why you couldn’t use it if it suits you.

TheTone

WKR
I looked at one of the base layer hoodies the other day, I think it would work great for hunting and the price was fairly reasonable as well.

WJS23

WKR
I think Simms and Sitka gear are owned by the same company. I wouldn’t have a problem wearing that jacket

OP
V
Thought I'd update this post -- been using the "river camo" Kinetic jacket since fall 2018, and have killed four WY antelope, a spring MN turkey, and one whitetail (with a bow) while wearing it. It matches the October WY sage prarie and the spring MN and MI woods perfectly. It's quiet and just warm enough. Since have picked up a few more items (not waders... ha) in the same camo. So, I don't know if it works on trout, but it works.

Hondo

WKR
The Simms Kinetic hooded jacket is my favorite Primaloft jacket from any company. I wear a lot of Simms gear for work/casual as well as fishing. I have mostly solids, but have some in the Veil River Camo as well as some the Catch Camo and older camo styles. The Windstopper hooded jacket, Rogue hoody and Solarflex hoody are among my favorite pieces of Simms.