Simple and Sinister kettlebell program

Kind of like learning how to hunt by watching videos and not getting expert advice. Great idea.. good luck with that. Get used to failure.

I found that the internet is a far cry from the actual and accurate information contained with the book. I have re-read the book as I learned I was doing some things wrong, something the YouTuber's would not catch.
Better perfect the kettle bell technique! Good luck at the next kettle competition, I hope you out kettle bell all the other kettle bellers! And make sure you don’t help them out by sharing the secret sauce.

WKR
Better perfect the kettle bell technique! Good luck at the next kettle competition, I hope you out kettle bell all the other kettle bellers! And make sure you don’t help them out by sharing the secret sauce.
While you're YouTubing, make sure to research treatment and rehab for lumbar disc herniation.

KB's are a great way to strength or completely destroy a spine, and the difference between the two is amazingly subtle. Good luck.

KB's are a great way to strength or completely destroy a spine, and the difference between the two is amazingly subtle.
I've never seen a kettlebell "destroy a spine".
I have seen people get hurt from crap form with a variety of tools.

WKR
I've never seen a kettlebell "destroy a spine".
I have seen people get hurt from crap form with a variety of tools.
As a clinician, I can assure you that I have. One particular patient was a "kettlebell instructor" too, but couldn't produce a basic hip hinge...

WKR
The kettlebell, and ballistic loading, is "strong medicine". It can do amazing things, both good and bad. The ballistic nature of the loading makes it especially potent.

I'm not blaming the kettlebell as an implement, I'm saying that the technique is more critical when loading ballistically as in a swing/snatch/clean/etc which is the common and traditional use of the implement.

Sorry if that wasn't clear initially.

InDeep

WKR
Yes
You are actually blaming the tool
No he didn't. On a side note, to me if you are truly a coach you come off as a very negative person . I don't know you, but I see you a lot on here and you come off like a jerk in so many threads .

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
Im feeling it this morning! have 30lb kettles at home in the closet so broke them out and did my set.

Just like cleans, all about form. When i was in college our strength coach made the new guys do cleans with a PVC pipe when we hit that station. The end of the session we would do 30 minutes of cardio/leg lifts/ burn out type stuff then he would take the newbies and have us do cleans with the PVC pipe while dead tired to ensure we had the proper form down while completely exhausted. Kinda stuck with me the idea that any training where lots of movement involved is prone to injury if done wrong.

Reactions: NME

*zap*

WKR
So, yes form is the most important part of any type of exercise even walking. Posture/posterior chain strength is really #1 and just the way you walk can do a lot to increase pc strength and overall posture. From what I see @ my gym there are a lot of people that lift and leave out the main exercise for pc strength. I would say the basic movements with a bar are better than using a kb unless your advanced.