Simple dress/skinning kit

WCB

WKR
A 3-3.5" fix blade knife...or just your typical Old Timer/Buck Knife and a cheap pull though sharpener. I've gutted, quartered, deboned, skinned, and caped a TON of animals with a old school folding knife.

Wags

WKR
My wife bought me a flip n zip from outdoor edge.... son, that thing is slick! Super sharp and really reduces skinning time. It may be lazy but I appreciate the time saving.

Antares

WKR
Knife, sharpener, saw, nitrile gloves, (2) 1 gal ziplocks, (2) trash compactor bags

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
not sure if it qualifies for minimalist, but what I take elk hunting are a Benchmade Altitude, a Tyto knife w/ a few Havalon blades, nitrile gloves, three medium TAG game bags (meat is always boned out), a length of Paracord to hang bags remaining behind

SpringTom

FNG
My wife bought me a flip n zip from outdoor edge.... son, that thing is slick! Super sharp and really reduces skinning time. It may be lazy but I appreciate the time saving.
I'm thinking of an outdoor edge folder myself. I'm not sure of the name, but its in my Amazon cart. Great reviews.

TILLER

FNG
I like having a fixed blade about 4-5 inches and a smaller folder, couple pairs of nitrile gloves, some athletic tape and a marker to tag (Oregon has etags), game bags and some orange paracord.