Simplest recipe for venison in a crock pot?

sootrat

FNG
Can someone give me seriously simple recipe for venison in the crackpot? I am a terrible cook and have a crockpot with wifi so I can turn it on while im at work. Thanks!

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
Frozen venison, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, onion and fresh mushrooms if you so desire. Let'er rip till it falls apart. This was the only way I ate venison growing up, there are definitely better options out there (thank you Hank Shaw!), but simplicity reigns supreme with this recipe.

go_deep

WKR
Venison, beef broth, whole potatoes, salt and pepper. Remove roast and potatoes when done, add butter and corn starch to juice to make gravery from the juice pour over roast and smashed potatoes.

jpalmer83

FNG
One of my favorites is venison carnitas. Basically venison with some beef broth and some Mexican seasonings. Could do a taco packet or a some spices likes cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, onion power. Take the pulled venison out of crock pot and serve up on tacos and top as you wish. FD200E56-7B5B-4A08-9181-0104E8F0DE4D.jpeg

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
Venison, lipton onion soup mix, whatever veggies you prefer. 8 hours later eat. I'm a terrible cook but even my kids will eat it.

peterk123

WKR
Chicken broth, half of a neck... bones and all. Season to your liking and cook it for seven hours or more. Tenderest meat ever. Throw some veggies in there for the last couple of hours. Meat falls away from the bones.

Jakerex

WKR
Cube up some meat and throw it in the bottom of the crock. 1” cubes. Couple cloves of garlic. Throw whatever vegetables you want on top. Pour in a beer. High for 4-5 hours

You can embellish with Lipton soup mix, can of coke instead of beer, whatever really. Can’t mess it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WyoKid

WKR
Put in crock pot with sauted opinions and garlic. Add 2 pkg brown gravy mix. Cover with water, chicken or beef stock, red wine or beer - any liquid. Cook 6 hrs or until meat almost tender. Add any vegetables of choice or none. Put over rice or noodles.

yojo.3

FNG
Crockery gourmet packet mixed up and poured over cut potatoes and carrots. Just put it in low before work and eat when you get home. Done this plenty of times

Whisky

WKR
Frozen venison, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, onion and fresh mushrooms if you so desire. Let'er rip till it falls apart. This was the only way I ate venison growing up, there are definitely better options out there (thank you Hank Shaw!), but simplicity reigns supreme with this recipe.

I also ate a lot of crockpot cream of mushroom deer and waterfowl growing up. Does not get any easier, and is quite edible in my book.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
I also ate a lot of crockpot cream of mushroom deer and waterfowl growing up. Does not get any easier, and is quite edible in my book.
Done basically the same thing. Only addition is a pack or two of Lipton beefy onion soup mix. Beef stock is fine too if you want to reduce the sodium a little more. Simmer in the stock until tender and add the "cream of whatever" near the end. Dont let it boil once you add the cream soup. Serve with Idahoan plain or flavored instant taters if you want vs fresh. Really hard to mess them up.

These even work as a thickener for the gravy in a pinch.

GMB54-120

Lil-Rokslider
Another thing that pairs well with venison is curry but only if you like curry. Simmer the venison in beef stock with coarse chopped onion. Add S&B curry roux per directions according to the amount of liquid you used. It will thicken on its own. Goes well over jasmine or basmatti rice. Taters and carrots are also fine in the curry.

Looks like a big chocolate bar in the package. Break it into pieces and stir it into the stock.

Venison will require a MUCH longer simmer time than beef so only add the onion and meat until it gets close to tender. VERY SIMPLE to make this.

Cut a shoulder in half pitch it a crock pot bone and all cover with water and add whatever spices you like...let go for 8ish hrs..pull it out let it cool and shred it...add you favorite BBQ sauce put it on a bun.
Me and my boys probably go threw half dozen deer shoulders every yr this way. Great for their practice schedules or coming out of the woods after dark, always a Tupperware of deer meat in the fridge...scoop out a sandwich size portion 30 sec in MW and your good to go.