Since Joining Rokslide...

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
...About 6 months ago, I have dropped at least $1500 in gear upgrades! And it hasn't even dented my list... Ill be going in a whole lot lighter than I did last year at least!

Above Timber

Lil-Rokslider
+1 Justin. I cannot even begin to list all the gear I have purchased because of the likes of Aron and Evan just to name a few on this site let alone the others that I frequent.

The first thing these guys convinced me I needed was a Kifaru 8 man tipi and stove, that was 1500 right there and that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot of bad influences lurking around here.

Manosteel

WKR
I came here looking for reviews on a pack that I learned wasn't the best option for me and next thing I know I am north 2 G's upgrading not only my pack but my backcountry gear - going lighter and more durable.

sk1

WKR
it's really embarrassing if i stop and add it up....in fact until i see some numbers here approaching where i am at, ill keep that to myself lol. i have been doing really well lately, but there are a few "must have's" on my list for next season yet......

Rocky

WKR
Personally I pretend not to keep track. It makes it easier justifying an "upgrade" if I can't remember how much money I've spent on new gear. However on more than one occasion my wife has said "didn't you already buy something like that?"

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Im a Gypsy by Blood. So buying and selling for me is alot of fun. I started this Venture out with finding a guy on Craigslist who had a nimrod backpack with frame. Paid 50 for it and turned around and today sold it for 250$ locally. Then I found a guy on Craigslist again (Yes I am obsessed with Craigslist) Who had bought a few storage sheds. He advertised 2 medium hunting Kifaru belt pouches on Craigslist. I called him up to arrange a meeting. He said what else you after? I have a bunch of Kifaru gear. So the next day I met him at his home. I ended up buying a large duffle bag of old Kifaru gear for 140 bucks. Had 2 Packs in that duffle. A Daystalker, And a Predator pack. and of course 3 hunting belt pouches. 2 1000 ci lock and loads. Harnesses and all kinds of crazy older kifaru gear. So I traded the Daystalker and 3 hunting belt pouches for a Timberline 2. Traded the Predator and a harness and belt for a bunch organizer pouches. Sold some of the gear. all in all Im way ahead on the deal. Ive probably dropped another 200 on Kifaru addons from the website here and 96 bucs for a large belt from Kifaru direct since the T2 came with a Small belt. but Im still way ahead with the amount I spent and the gear I got back out of the deal.
I am always looking for for a way to make a buck. If I can buy something and flip it then thats a new piece of gear that I can buy with the profits. It isnt always this easy though. Its about being in the right place on the Internet at the right time to capitalize on things.

Fun stuff.

Last edited:
Just my KUIU is close to 3k. Sad. I did however sell a bunch of camo used for white tails first. That got me close to 1k. I also used birthdays and Christmas from family to help add gear.

I was pretty set on gear before I came here and haven't changed much, BUT I sure see a lot of cool stuff I didn't know that was out there that COULD cost me a ton if I'm not careful!!

Honestly I look at all the great gear advice as saving me money in the long run... I had a decent back country setup before joining, and have only upgraded a few things. Since I'm a site sponsor I probably an breaking about even lol

Mike