Single best pic you've ever taken

I have a lot of favorites, but this one always comes to mind as possibly the best "job" of making an image that I've ever done. Saw this little brook waterfall at about 50 mph on the roadside along the Columbia River gorge road in Oregon. It caught my eye so I found a safe spot to pull off about 1/2 mile down the road. I took my tripod and lightweight G10 camera and hiked back to the waterfall, dodging the occasional car on that very narrow road. Then I had to hike down a bit and figure out how to position my tripod legs on the ground and two large rocks. Using the ND filter and ND feature on that body, I got the shutter speed slow enough to make the falls silky. Then the magic happened. A beam of sunlight broke through for just a minute before the sun went behind the horizon and I snapped a few images. Looking back at my photos that evening, I couldn't believe my good luck. But it all began with "seeing" this image while driving 50 mph on a windy tight road. I was actually on my way to shoot another waterfall, and was taking a big gamble by stopping because I didn't have daylight left to do both.

15133006133_45fa6dc6f6_k.jpg

Hard to pick just one photo but this one from my solo archery deer hunt is a favorite.
56de942fb047749e5e99ea5b88e57900.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tuffcity

WKR
A couple of my (many) favorites just hunting. Had to reach back into the archives a bit but... :)

Bear hunting with my daughter ( some of you may have seen her in the "She got it done" sheep thread)

oMieBfs.jpg

And whitetail hunting with my wife (2012)

PWWqFmM.jpg

Felton

WKR
57B157D6-CB81-4E37-8A3C-496B618615B0.jpeg

My lucky kooozie… dang ex girl friend took it.

1A2D0165-72EB-4000-BEA1-1B7179DE35F3.jpeg

This canal was hand dug by slaves in a tidal area where the fluffy mud can swallow a man whole. It’s over a mile long, straight as can be and 15 -20 feet deep.

Last edited:

Q child

WKR
OK boys and girls, let's see the single best pic (i.e., your favorite) you've ever taken (preferably hunting/fishing/outdoors related). Here's mine. It's a pic of us after our first ever elk hunt. My buddy Slevy on the left and me on the right-- we both shot smallish 6 point bulls on Day 1. Six days later my brother shot a goofy horned 7x3. Still my favorite hunting trip of all time. This pic makes me smile every time I see it... Let's see the one pic that always brings a smile to your face.
This is a great thread. Thanks for starting this Scoot. Also, very cool photo.

OP
Scoot

Scoot

WKR
Thanks Q! It's remarkable how talented some of the members are here.