Single Pin Set @ 'X' Yards Hold Over/Under

dkime

WKR
What’s the max range you can get out of your single pin with the pin set there? I adjusted to a single pin this year but can only get 75-80 yards with about 275 FPS, 470 grain arrow and peep height is around 6 1/8”

I can dial out to 110 pretty easily, it all depends on your bow. 6-1/8” is not very tall at brace on a short ATA bow. My peep height at full draw is normally around 4-1/4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can dial out to 110 pretty easily, it all depends on your bow. 6-1/8” is not very tall at brace on a short ATA bow. My peep height at full draw is normally around 4-1/4

Huh ya mine is like 3 5/8 at full draw. That’s a big difference. When you are start to shoot in your sight tape do you roll your sight all the way up and set your 20 mark there and then shoot in back to 80 to build your sight tape?

dkime

WKR
Huh ya mine is like 3 5/8 at full draw. That’s a big difference. When you are start to shoot in your sight tape do you roll your sight all the way up and set your 20 mark there and then shoot in back to 80 to build your sight tape?

Nope, I set my peep height based on 30-40yds since that’s what I want my anchor to be based on, with shorter shots like 20 my anchor is far less critical on a hunting rig. A lot of this depends on your sight radius and where your bow torque tunes the best at. I run my dovetail about half way out with last years bow. This years bow could be completely different but should still have plenty of travel, housing clearance is normally a bigger concern of mine rather than travel of the sight.

Ok so if I was starting from scratch with a single pin I would set the pin in the housing where I want it, this is a spot Hogg multi pin housing but I’m just taking all the pins out except middle one. So I set the pin in the middle and then dial it so it’s hitting at 40 and set my peep to match and then just build my sight tape from there. That’s basically what I did initially but I can only get 80 yards out the sight before I run into a housing clearance issue. I will just have to mess with it, thanks

Ajax2744

FNG
Ok so if I was starting from scratch with a single pin I would set the pin in the housing where I want it, this is a spot Hogg multi pin housing but I’m just taking all the pins out except middle one. So I set the pin in the middle and then dial it so it’s hitting at 40 and set my peep to match and then just build my sight tape from there. That’s basically what I did initially but I can only get 80 yards out the sight before I run into a housing clearance issue. I will just have to mess with it, thanks
For more distance/clearance you can run pins lower in housing, bring sight in, run four fletch in X configuration or cock vane down on 3 fletch, anchor lower on face, use smaller housing or just live with what ya got. Those spot Hogg housing are really big, especially with the mrt rings on it. I swapped mine out on my fast Eddie for a shrewd sight.