Single Pin vs. Double Pin vs. 3 Pin w/ Floater

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
I like a 3 pin slider (Black Gold Pro 3 Pin).

This gives me 3 fixed pins for most of my hunting shots with a relatively clean sight picture.

I hunt in both CO and TX, and my shots in CO can be a little longer than when I hunt in TX. So, the slider helps me extend for a longer shot on elk, if needed. Otherwise, I use the slider to practice out to around 100 yards to make the 40 and 50 yard shots feel easier.

WCB

WKR
3 pin slider....25ish 40, 50 is the floater. I hunt whitetails in heavy timber and also hunt out west game.

I like a 3 pin slider (Black Gold Pro 3 Pin).

This gives me 3 fixed pins for most of my hunting shots with a relatively clean sight picture.

I hunt in both CO and TX, and my shots in CO can be a little longer than when I hunt in TX. So, the slider helps me extend for a longer shot on elk, if needed. Otherwise, I use the slider to practice out to around 100 yards to make the 40 and 50 yard shots feel easier.

this is the exact 3 pin sight I’m gonna try.

TheViking

WKR
3 pin slider is the best in my opinion.

Mainly an elk hunter, also shoot Mulies.

Pins set at 30 - 40 - 50

50 is the floater.

I practice never moving the sight, I can shoot 0-60 without touching it.

Last year I shot an elk at 60, but I had time to range it, move the slider to 60 and squeeze it off. This year I short my elk at 43 - just held my 40 pin a few inches high - money.

Practice shooting off distances and keeping your pins fixed. Also shoot at 3D targets at 60 with your 50 pins and see what your holdover is. For me it’s top of back on a full size elk target.