Single Pin vs Multi-Pin for Spot and Stalk Elk

Single Pin Slider vs Multi-Pin for spot and stalk Elk in Arizona Unit 6a? Which does everyone prefer and why, pro's and con's of each?

Last edited:

Tbunao

FNG
Made the switch to a single pin a few years ago and don't plan on ever going back. I do run the double up pin by Spot Hogg and that basically covers it all. Top pin when at 20 the second pin is 40. Still have to gap pins like you would a multi. Anything farther out, you will have time to adjust.

johnw

FNG
I use a 5 pin, first at 20 last at 60, can slide to longer distances if needed but dont shoot much beyond 60 except targets...

OFFHNTN

WKR
Made the switch to a single pin a few years ago and don't plan on ever going back. I do run the double up pin by Spot Hogg and that basically covers it all. Top pin when at 20 the second pin is 40. Still have to gap pins like you would a multi. Anything farther out, you will have time to adjust.

Same here, and same sight I use. I much prefer the clearer sight picture of the single up pin vs a 3 or 5 pin. And having the double pin allows for some accuracy if things happen fast and you can't adjust.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I am considering going to a 3 pin from my 5. At 20 yards, my 30 yard pin is only 2” high, so I don’t need a 20, and any shot over 50 I will be able to dial the distance or I won’t be taking it. Bow shoots 275 fps with a 492 gr arrow.
What color pins do you guys find best on the MBG sights? Im thinking green red green, yellow seems to disappear on a animal hide.

I wouldn't think it would make a difference. If you like single or multi, use what you would use on any other hunt. ;)