Single stage press that accepts Dillon dies

I already own a Dillon 750 and have their 3 die sets for the majority of my calibers. I only use this press for high volume reloading of "range" ammo 2-5k rounds per session/caliber. My older teenage son has been interested in longer range hunting/shooting so I think i should get a single stage press to put out "refined" rounds suited to each rifle/caliber. Specifically, I'm interested in loading up Hammer projectiles. I would like to be able to use my existing 6.5, .223, .308 ,30-06 Dillon dies in the same single stage press. Is this a good idea? Or am I stepping over dollars to pick up dimes?
I'd still need to purchase 300wm, &300wsm dies anyway. What says you?

Edit: id like to stay under $1k if I have to buy new dies for a press. O.P. has a forster for $350, which leaves me room to get dedicated dies.Screenshot_20201029-160041_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have the plates set up for your Dillon and leave them in storage so it is a quick swap or do you have to re-set the dies for each caliber change? In my experience normal dies (rcbs, Redding, Hornady) can be had for $25/per or so used so if you have them set up, I would just spend the $25 each. I have no experience with that brand of press, I use an rcbs rock chucker supreme and I have a friend who uses a Lyman turret. Both work, but I like my super solid Rock chucker better, less press flex.

OP
D
I didn't think about that. Yes I'd have to remove them from the plates, I guess I'll be starting over with new dies. I was able to get that Forster co-ax for about $200 using my OP bucks I had accumulated.

Wapiti1

WKR
The threads on Dillon dies are the same as everyone else and you can use them in other presses same as you can use RCBS, Hornady, Lee, etc in a Dillon press. I have two Dillon presses and have actually never used their die sets.

That said, the nice thing about Dillon is the toolhead so you aren't resetting everything every time you change cartridges.

I'd go with the suggestion to get a die set for single stage loading so you don't have to tear apart your toolheads.

Jeremy