Sinus Tarsi-WTF?!

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just got home from foot doctor. I have "Sinus Tarsi Syndrome"

He said my foot is too flat, need arch support.

I am looking for a full, custom insert that will provide arch support. I do NOT want anything pieced, it will shift and drive me nuts.
I have never messed with inserts, but I would need whoever makes it to take my current boot insert and make sure the sizing lines up properly so it does not bunch or bind in the boot.

What company do you recommend?

Thanks in advance-

sram9102

WKR
I'm assuming since you went to the doctor it was causing some sort of issue? I had to google Sinus Tarsi but I get a pain occasionally in that basic location if I wear something without insoles and do any running. I had an extra bone in each arch removed as a kid and have terribly flat feet. I used to go the custom route now I just put Spenco insoles in anything that gets more than moderate impacts. Buy whatever size you need and overlay the ones that came with your boots on them and cut them to size. Works for me in everything from running, golf, to my Tibet's for the mountains.

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm assuming since you went to the doctor it was causing some sort of issue? I had to google Sinus Tarsi but I get a pain occasionally in that basic location if I wear something without insoles and do any running. I had an extra bone in each arch removed as a kid and have terribly flat feet. I used to go the custom route now I just put Spenco insoles in anything that gets more than moderate impacts. Buy whatever size you need and overlay the ones that came with your boots on them and cut them to size. Works for me in everything from running, golf, to my Tibet's for the mountains.
Yes, I was doing some training hikes with 60 pounds and right foot developed extreme pain. Some mornings could barely walk on it. Having never had an issue like this, I went to the doc and he explained it. What is weird is why now? 27 years of humping heavy packs from jungle boots to now decent boots. Guess I'm getting old.
I'll check out the spenco-thanks

I am looking for a full, custom insert that will provide arch support.

I have never messed with inserts, but I would need whoever makes it to take my current boot insert and make sure the sizing lines up properly so it does not bunch or bind in the boot.

You have it backwards. Custom arch supports are made to fit your feet not your boot. Then you get properly fitting boots your new arch supports and feet fit into comfortably.

Why aren’t you having the arch supports made by your doctor or who your doctor recommends? Custom arch supports are made according to a specific prescription written by the doctor.

In effect, you are overriding you doctor’s treatment plan with your own treatment plan. And attempting to write your own prescription for custom arch supports.

It is your feet and your money. In the end, odds are good, you are going to make some expensive mistakes doing it your way, for a less satisfactory result. Because, as you stated, “I have never messed with inserts”. And you have no experience treating Sinus Tarsi Syndrome.

“When all else fails, follow <your doctors'> instructions”

Hope it all works out for you.

ErikM

FNG
Have your podiatrist fit you for custom orthotics to fit YOUR foot and fix your specific foot issue. If he doesn’t do custom orthotics, find one that does. You’ll go through a lot of money and time searching for an off the shelf orthotic that may or may not work. I’ve done just that.
Still trying to find an off the shelf version that matches the comfort of my custom pair.