Sirui EN-2204 Tripod Opinions?

bigharge

WKR
Anybody have any personal experience opinion on this tripod model. Looking for a new tripod to pair with my VA5 head for my Kowa 884. Looks like it’s a discontinued model and there isn’t a ton of info on them as far as reviews go from hunters. It’s a little heavy for a Carbon tripod but I’ve seen them in a few spots at a pretty good price point and wanted to ask around first.

Thanks

The new model is the N series and there is a kit with the VA5 head. With the special we are running for members it works out as follows
Regular price is $529.90-15%= $450.42 is what you pay to your door, then you get $67.56 back from Sirui, so your net after the rebate is $382.86

Call me if you have any questions or would like to order this
Joel
516-217-1000

OP
B

bigharge

WKR
So is the N different than the EN? And what is different between the 2.

Also am hoping to catch someone on here that has used one that could share what they liked or didn’t like about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The EN version has not been made in 2 years. They have the old flip locks that are not as good as the ones on the only flip lock series they make now, ET series
As far as using in the field this tripod is a taller, heavier tripod then the super compacts. It is better in windy environments and for taller people, 6' with straight scope or binoculars or 6'4 with angled spotters, this is a dream!!

I tried a n2204 model with a va-5 and my kowa 774 and it was simply too big for practical hunting purposes. Overkill even for dedicated front country use. Not sure if the leg sizes are the same between those two but seems likely. I was looking at the 1204 series instead but ended up finding a used slik 733 which has been perfect so far in terms of size/stability.

OP
B

bigharge

WKR
Thanks that’s exactly what I was wanting to hear, a little big and older design features aren’t worth the small price savings right now. I’ll keep researching and find what I need.

OP
B

bigharge

WKR
Thanks, think I’m going to start looking for one of those promasters, seems like that’s what I need based on a few reviews on here