Sirui T-25SK T-0S Series Travel Tripod with B-00 Ball Head

jmden

WKR
Anyone using one yet? Reviews, thoughts? It's apparently the .2 lb lighter successor to the Sirui T-25x, which I've been using for years. Just had one of my other cheap tripods break so am looking around.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Tagged. I'm considering the T-25x, T-025SK, and promaster xc525c....Guess it comes down to decisding between stability and weight.

We are both a Sirui and Promaster dealer. They are both excellent tripods. The T025sk fold up smaller and holds a lot of weight. The Promaster is a little better built and as a member here has a lifetime no fault warranty. The Sirui has a 6 year warranty

Let me know if I can help you out

OP
jmden

jmden

WKR
Those Promasters look heavy. Am looking for lightest tripod out there that works well for a 3+ lb spotter. Recommendations other that what's listed here? The Sirui has been the best I've found so far, I believe, and it's rated for 13 lbs I think.

OP
jmden

jmden

WKR
It appears that the new Sirui T-025SK is a shorter package when folded up but it actually weighs more than the older version, the T-025X with C-10s ball head. My T-025X with C-10s ball head is 1 lb 13 oz and the newer T-025SK is reported to be 2.2 lbs, fyi.

Edit: Called Sirui USA and they were nice enough to take one out of the box and weigh it for me...2.2 lbs. For the ounce counter, the T-025X with C-10S ball head may still be the way to go...if you can find one.

Last edited:
I was just looking at the same tripods. It appears that the center column on the T-025SK does NOT adjust. That would make it pretty much useless for me.

OP
jmden

jmden

WKR
BTW, guys, Joel at camerlandny.com above is the tripod guy there, for good reason. I talked to him yesterday for a bit to make sure I had my facts straight. If you have questions on tripods, I'd call him.

Hard to find the Sirui T-025X with C-10s ball head now with the T-025SK coming out. There's a few on ebay, but with ebay charging tax (at least for WA residents) now on every purchase, ebay is NOT the deal it used to regularly be for me anymore. Tried working a 'best offer' deal with a couple of folks but for what is now an 'old' model, they were pretty proud of them.

For some reason another search this morning turned up mpb.com, a placed where used photographic equipment is sold. They had two used Sirui T-025X with C-10 ball head and there's one left for $140, fyi. They had a free shipping option, so I snapped another one up as I need two tripods anyway.