Sirui va-5 fluid head broken - any advice?

I've only had this fluid head for 2 years. Not much use.... Maybe 30 days glassing.

I went to tighten the verticle tension wheel tonight and upon tightening it broke and went limp, so up freely moves up and down with no resistance.

- Anyone know if this is fixable?
- I didn't see any posts on sirui's warranty so I'm guessing its rare for them to break, but I read their warranty and its pretty specific about not covering any product that wasn't purchased from a local dealer - I bought on Ebay so I'm probably SOL??

Attachments

• sirui.png
    sirui.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 23

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I can’t help you with the fix but I had one that broke after about two weeks of use. I sent it back to them (after communication with them and receiving a return authorization number), a month later I called and they said they were getting to it. A month after that I called and they said they never received it. Luckily I had tracking to prove delivery, they kept denying denying, I had to get dealer I ordered from to get involved (gohunt) since they pushed them so much and at this point they were basically ignoring me. Finally after about 4 months they sent me a new one. Wasn’t a great experience, hope yours is better if you try.

Last edited:
OP
Ellensburg
I can't even take this stupid thing apart. I took out all screws but can't get into where the fluid would be.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry to hear that you have an issue. There is a 6 year USA warranty on it. Best to call them toll free at 1-866-373-0829.
If you send it back let me know when you send it so I can follow up and make sure it's done correctly and quickly.

OP
Ellensburg
Just an update to be fair to Sirui - They have opened a claim for me and are letting me send it in for repair. They did say that since I bought off ebay, I will be responsible for return shipping (more than fair in my eyes).... Will update this thread when I get it back!

OP
Ellensburg
Well I sent it in a week ago and just got tracking emailed to me for the return of my fixed fluid head! I must admit sirui exceeded my expectations.