Sirui VA-5 plates, looking for recommendations

USMC22

WKR
I saw this when I purchased my VA-5 head:
  • Accepts SIRUI TY-50/60/70/70-2 and LP-40/75 and many Arca-compatible quick release plates

Can someone tell me the difference or recommend the best plate for spotters, bino’s, rangefinders (Gunwerks BR2500) etc?

cmahoney

WKR
I use arca swiss for everything. You can get them in different lengths. It’s a really common camera plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the ty-50 and the ty-70a. length is the biggest difference. The 50 has a better attachment screw on the bottom. You don't need a screw driver or hex bit to tighten which is nice. But they function the same. I like the 70a for spotters just due to it being a bit longer and makes it easier to level for me.

Please help clear the confusion for me: will an outdoorsmans bino adapter attach directly to a va-5, or do I need to buy a plate/adapter?

Neitz

FNG
Please help clear the confusion for me: will an outdoorsmans bino adapter attach directly to a va-5, or do I need to buy a plate/adapter?

Did your VA-5 head come with the plate shown in the picture (mine did)? That is what the outdoorsmans bino adapter will attach to.

snip_LI.jpg

BBob

WKR
OD binocular adapters are a smaller proprietary size than ARCA but they are threaded on the bottom so you can bolt an ARCA plate to the bottom of the adapter to use it on ARCA heads.