Sirui VA-5 Video head question

golfbum

WKR
Just picked up a Sirui VA-5 head for my tripod, I need to get a few plates for it.

Can I get any arca Swiss plate or do I need to buy a specific sirui plate to fit?

Sorry super new to the tripod game, have always used a cheap vortex head/tripod.

I found this one but see some arca Swiss plates for a lot less!!!

BAKPAKR

WKR
Any standard arca-type will work. I am using Oben QR-10s with mine. I bought a few so I would have them for my bino adapter, cameras, y-yoke, etc. I recommend getting one that has the hand-turnable stud in case you find yourself with a loose plate and no Allen wrench.

While any will work, the Sirui is made for that head and is the exact size for it. Of course I will discount this for you

Joel
Camera Land
516-217-1000

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
The smaller ARCA Plates will work, but some will not allow the button stud to lock under them, so they could slide out once pressure is removed from the cam lever. I suggest a size 50 or longer. It comes with a 70. The 25 I have don't catch the button stud.

I have a few different plates and was not happy with the way they fit. I would buy the Sirui. It’s only a couple bucks more.