Sirui vs slik tripod

Firebug93

FNG
After handling both the slik pro 634 and the sirui N-1204SK tripods it seems like the slik is pretty flimsy. Slik is ~2lbs and the sirui is ~3 lbs. in your opinion is the trade off worth it? Will use with the VA-5 pan head and will be hiking it in.

Sirui makes 2 versions of that tripod, the travel version that weighs 2.6 lbs and folds to 14.6", while the N-S version weighs 3.1 Lbs and folds to 18". The TS accomplishes this with a 2 stage center column. It is a VERY sturdy tripod, much better then the Slik.
They have a kit with the VA5 head, normally $494.99, only $429.99 for members here.
This is a perfect tripod for hiking
Let me know if you have any questions

OP
F

Firebug93

FNG
Sirui makes 2 versions of that tripod, the travel version that weighs 2.6 lbs and folds to 14.6", while the N-S version weighs 3.1 Lbs and folds to 18". The TS accomplishes this with a 2 stage center column. It is a VERY sturdy tripod, much better then the Slik.
They have a kit with the VA5 head, normally $494.99, only $429.99 for members here.
This is a perfect tripod for hiking
Let me know if you have any questions
Does it extend as high as the n-s?

The salesman from Sirui was mistaken. The model was an old no longer made version
The only version with the VA5 kit is the N1204SK w/ VA5 head with the pricing above. Sorry for the misinformation

OP
F

Firebug93

FNG
The salesman from Sirui was mistaken. The model was an old no longer made version
The only version with the VA5 kit is the N1204SK w/ VA5 head with the pricing above. Sorry for the misinformation
Do you think the weight is worth it?. I noticed that the slik legs are pretty flimsy fully extended. I will mostly be sitting or kneeling using the scope but still want to be able to use it standing up

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
It usually boils down to buy a good one once or buy several cheap ones as they fail or because you don't use it (hence in the end spend more money); the problem for most of us is coming across the gear zealots who would only use tripods costing thousands, and can't see why anyone would use anything less (hint: because we have a life beyond bragging about gear).

I have a relatively cheap Slik tripod and learned the lesson the hard way, it works fine but anytime I go out there's no way I'd take it with me (too heavy and cumbersome) and the head isn't the most precise. In retrospect I should have got something a bit better, by which I mean easier to use, a little lighter and more reliable, but without going into mega bucks. I've long had a Manfrotto carbon fiber mid range setup in my sights, won't win any prizes, won't break the bank either. Unfortunately all those Chinese brands still don't understand the concept of reliability and durability, luckily we can learn a lot from other people's experiences.

OP
F

Firebug93

FNG
It usually boils down to buy a good one once or buy several cheap ones as they fail or because you don't use it (hence in the end spend more money); the problem for most of us is coming across the gear zealots who would only use tripods costing thousands, and can't see why anyone would use anything less (hint: because we have a life beyond bragging about gear).

I have a relatively cheap Slik tripod and learned the lesson the hard way, it works fine but anytime I go out there's no way I'd take it with me (too heavy and cumbersome) and the head isn't the most precise. In retrospect I should have got something a bit better, by which I mean easier to use, a little lighter and more reliable, but without going into mega bucks. I've long had a Manfrotto carbon fiber mid range setup in my sights, won't win any prizes, won't break the bank either. Unfortunately all those Chinese brands still don't understand the concept of reliability and durability, luckily we can learn a lot from other people's experiences.
What is the weight of your go to setup?

OP
F

Firebug93

FNG
Ok the setup
I was looking at th N-1204sk with the VA-5 head which is about 3.8lbs without the center extension. But that tripod is pretty beefy and sturdy. Im hoping it wont be too cumbersome.

Ok the setup
I was looking at th N-1204sk with the VA-5 head which is about 3.8lbs without the center extension. But that tripod is pretty beefy and sturdy. Im hoping it wont be too cumbersome.

It's not small but not huge either. Sounds like it's perfect for you

Give me a call with any questions

I was in the same boat, ended up going with neither and got a promaster.. Love it so far.

Just throwing that out there