Sirui vs Slik

CAH

FNG
I'm looking at the sirui backcountry combo on SandSArchery but my buddy has a slik 634 with a benro head and loves his. What do you guys think? are there any benefits to running sirui over the slik? Basically what are the pros and cons of each? Going to be getting outdoorsman adapter for my binos and will be buying a spotter next year.

Thanks in advance!

While the Sirui combo is a great tripod, which we will offer to the members here for $269.99, the Promaster XC525C2 head kit we have for Rokslide members with both the ball head and the SPCH20 fluid head for $299.99 is better built and comes with a LIFETIME no fault warranty.
Feel free to call me to discuss

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Kinda surprised cameraland would comment on this post. I tend to say off threads where they are concerned out of respect.

Quick comment on the pricing. If anyone wants to know our Rokslide discount, feel free to PM me. We are huge supporters AND contributors to Rokslide. We know our gear inside and out because we are backcountry hunters, just like you guys. We also honor our vendors policies regarding pricing, which is why our prices may seem higher online. But we're always happy to discuss a Rokslide discount over the phone.

You can also checkout our google reviews. They speak for themselves.

https://www.google.com/shopping/ratings/account/metrics?q=sandsarchery.com&c=US&v=2&hl=en_US

I do agree that the Promaster XC525c is a better tripod than the Sirui, however the SPCH20 head is not great. We tested it and decided that it was not a product we wanted to carry. As you all know we only sell what we use and recommend.

Our current favorite setup is the Promaster with the Sirui VA-5 head. But for taller guys who want to stand behind their glass, the Slik 634 is also a great option. As far as the Benro S2, i think it performs VERY well for the price, I just think the Sirui VA-5 has a better build quality.

Rob

I recently had your same question. My dad has the 634 with the va5 head and I recently bought the sirui combo from sands. Thanks Rob. So basically I have been able to compare my dad silk tripod to the sirui tripod and in my opinion very similar, no huge differences. The head though is a large step up from my previous setup, vortex summit ssp. I went with the sirui combo to save some money and as a side note my dad silk and va5 combo doesnt fit in the bag the tripod came with. The Sirui combo from sands does come in a bag that will fit the whole tripod setup plus some other small items if that matters to you.

I have been testing the tripod the last few weeks with my kowa 77mm spotting scope. Hope that helps you out some.

Trial153

WKR
I cant comment on the sirui.

However I have both the 624 and 634. They both been pretty good for the most part, soild and dependable, I have really beat the hell out of my 624 and so far its held up well. I think for the weight you can do far worse. I am using outdoorsmens heads with them, the micro, regular pan head and pistol grip. The biggest optics I have run on the have been 65mm Sts though and 12x els.

R_burg

WKR
Kinda surprised cameraland would comment on this post. I tend to say off threads where they are concerned out of respect.

Quick comment on the pricing. If anyone wants to know our Rokslide discount, feel free to PM me. We are huge supporters AND contributors to Rokslide. We know our gear inside and out because we are backcountry hunters, just like you guys. We also honor our vendors policies regarding pricing, which is why our prices may seem higher online. But we're always happy to discuss a Rokslide discount over the phone.

https://www.google.com/shopping/ratings/account/metrics?q=sandsarchery.com&c=US&v=2&hl=en_US

I do agree that the Promaster XC525c is a better tripod than the Sirui, however the SPCH20 head is not great. We tested it and decided that it was not a product we wanted to carry. As you all know we only sell what we use and recommend.

Our current favorite setup is the Promaster with the Sirui VA-5 head. But for taller guys who want to stand behind their glass, the Slik 634 is also a great option. As far as the Benro S2, i think it performs VERY well for the price, I just think the Sirui VA-5 has a better build quality.

Rob
Rob, that Slik is 64"... Us tall guys are looking for something 72"+. :)

Any recommendations?

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Any recommendations?

Maybe an angled spotter? Sorry, i got nothing! I have a buddy who is 6'3" and loves the 634, but he's a mule deer fanatic, so I think most of his glassing is from the side of a hill.

R_burg

WKR
Maybe an angled spotter? Sorry, i got nothing! I have a buddy who is 6'3" and loves the 634, but he's a mule deer fanatic, so I think most of his glassing is from the side of a hill.
Haha! I think Sirui has some, but it's in their expensive lines.

I have an ultra light CF Vantage I bought a few yrs ago that works great for sitting and when I need to cut weight, but I'd love something I could stand with and didn't weigh 10 lbs like my old Manfrotto, haha.

I do use an angled spotter, but I'd love the option of standing while using the spotter or binos and not having to hunch over at all.

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider

Any recommendations?
I recently purchased the va-5 head from S&S and love it. I am still trying to figure out if I want the 634 or the new taller carbon promaster. I will decide when they review it. I’m 6,2 and run a straight spotter, with the numbers I figured in my old tripod with the new VA-5 and my STS spotter either the 634 or new promaster will be more that tall enough.

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
Slik is the best bang for the buck
I'm using there CF624

I've removed the centre post, the foam on the legs n couple other little things to cut weight
When the winds pick up I take a little bag from other gear full with small rocks as extra weight to steady it .(hung from under the tripod)

Ball heads are over looked a lot of the time and just as an important part of the puzzle

I'm using Really Right Stuff ball head not sure what model

Holding up the same scope (65mm)
Think I've had it for 4 or 5 seasons now , no plans on upgrading

R_burg

WKR
I recently purchased the va-5 head from S&S and love it. I am still trying to figure out if I want the 634 or the new taller carbon promaster. I will decide when they review it. I’m 6,2 and run a straight spotter, with the numbers I figured in my old tripod with the new VA-5 and my STS spotter either the 634 or new promaster will be more that tall enough.
Hey bud, what am I missing here. Slik lists the 634 as 63" fully extended. I'm looking for 72" to sure I can stand without crouching. What height are you looking for?

ThunderMT

FNG

Rob

Rob
Rob,

Doesn't look like I'm activated for PM's but I would like your help getting lined out with a new tripod/head combo! Are you still recommending the Promaster tripod with Sirui head and can I get these through you?