Siskiyou Wilderness

jfs82

WKR
I'm still trying to decide where to go in B for my first ever scouting for my first ever hunt (Deer and Bear). Im looking at the Trinity Alps, Yolla Bolly (along with everyone else posting here), Siskiyou Wilderness and the Marbles. I haven't been able to find out much of anything about the Siskiyou, wondering if anyone has experience out there they don't mind sharing?

Marble

WKR
The best suggestion I have I to pick a trail and hike it to a location to hunt. You well learn how to compare GE to the terrain and then choose again next time.

The are deer through out the range. And there are a ton of bears. I see more bears than deer sometimes there.

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider
I was just down there last week and saw 3 bears just riding my motorcycle down the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The summer time is all about Scouting. You should go to all those places on the weekends. Hike the trails, camp out, glass for deer/bear and look for sign etc. That will help you decide where to be opening morning. Good luck! Success in the hunt is tied to how much effort you put in

OP
J

jfs82

WKR
Thanks for the input everyone I appreciate it and will put it to future use, I'll end up being in Mendo as some work stuff came up and I lost a day of travel time so I'm picking somewhere closer so I can have a little time before to do some scouting rather than walk in and start hunting right away. I wish I had the ability to get more scouting in this summer but between the baby, work, some family medical issues and grad school I'm getting in two day trips, which also is feeding into switching to Mendo as it's basically a full day drive for me to get to Siskiyou and back.