Sitka 2022 Rumors

I'd request for the 10th year in a row the stratus/fanatic line with the exterior fabric of the fanatic light. For anyone that hunts where there are a lot of burrs, that brushed/berber fleece sucks. I've switched my outer layers to First Lite for this reason, but really miss the windstopper.

Sled

WKR
Camo is low on my priority list and performance is high. Drab solid colors with functional pieces gets my money. I like the idea of leg vents since I use them in winter frequently. I also would like a quiet leg gaiter that fits well and is water resistant. Not sure why they can only come up with the storm front.

I'd request for the 10th year in a row the stratus/fanatic line with the exterior fabric of the fanatic light. For anyone that hunts where there are a lot of burrs, that brushed/berber fleece sucks. I've switched my outer layers to First Lite for this reason, but really miss the windstopper.
the FL Sanctuary 2.0 windstopper isn't bad, but its not like Sitka and Gore.

I call bs on the wind stopper. If they put some special fabric in their I think they would be heavily marketing it. Not just a small blurb. Half the battle is mental so if you think its wind proof maybe you will yourself to not be cold. lol

Last edited:

fatlander

WKR
April, 2022: Brozeman MT BHA Pint Night

Introducing our latest industry changing technology, gore subsurface. Inspired by one of our very own Sitka tribe members that has an unconventional take on training to hunt. Hardcore backcountry swimmer carries weight under water to simulate the demands of his body at altitude. Designed for an optimal engagement distance of 3-10M in clear to stained water. Whether you’re out on the yacht for a sunset cruise, or slugging it out the bottom of the bay, subsurface is the pattern for the serious backcountry surfer in you.

#diverge #sitkalife #sitkastoke #subsurface
3f08eab18d93cd1099aa2f2776bccdbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their original sanctuary is pretty decent at blocking wind also, but my most used bibs are the Solitude (temps here during the rut are typically 20-50 degrees), and the wind blows right through them. I've even thought about buying some cheap "wind pants" at walmart to wear underneath and see if that takes care of the problem.

If Sitka would use an outer fabric that didnt collect burrs, I'd switch back in a heartbeat.

I call bs on the wind stopper. If they put some special fabric in their I think they would be heavily marketing it. Not just a small blurb. Half the battle is mental so if you think its wind proof maybe you will yourself to not be cold. lol
I asked what the membrane was made out of and customer serivce said it was a "poly membrane". Like i said, its not as nice as the Gore, but its not bad.

Their original sanctuary is pretty decent at blocking wind also, but my most used bibs are the Solitude (temps here during the rut are typically 20-50 degrees), and the wind blows right through them. I've even thought about buying some cheap "wind pants" at walmart to wear underneath and see if that takes care of the problem.

If Sitka would use an outer fabric that didnt collect burrs, I'd switch back in a heartbeat.

Ive owned both the solitude and sanctuary, and the sanctuary is way better at blocking wind. I sold my solitude bc of this. I would like to see more windstopping items in the whitetail line.

sneaky

"DADDY"
fingers crossed for a Kelvin active jacket in solid colors.
Kryptek makes that now, the Shahikot jacket. Same type of insulation as the active jacket just 100g in it and 80gm in the Sitka, and in charcoal grey... with a hood. They did a video on it in the Hunt Expo thread, and it's live on their website to purchase.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
That already exists. Look up Sitka Arrowhead Line. They have solid color options with Polartec Alpha
It's $100 more than the Kryptek Shahikot and doesn't even list what weight of Polartec Alpha it uses. Both are imported as well, so it's hard to swallow an extra $100 to get a couple of different colors.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Actually the Arrowhead uses Alpha direct, not the Alpha like in the Active Jacket and the Shahikot. Gulch Gear is coming out with an Alpha Direct jacket in a solid color this summer, sewn in Oregon and Berry Compliant. That'll be the apples to apples with the Arrowhead jacket, the Active jacket and Shahikot are apples to apples on Alpha insulation.

I’ve been following this thread hoping for any new spoilers/leaks but it’s been quiet. Anyone have the inside scoop or know when they’ll start dropping new items?

I’m really hoping for an apex pant in pyrite and more merino options but not getting my hopes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd1006

WKR
There’s some turkey-specific gear coming out. Equinox Guard series…has hip vents in the pants, pretreated with permethrin. The fabric on the pant looks like the apex pant. If you google equinox guard you can see in google images a hoody that has an interesting design…looks like a core lightweight with different hand coverage and a different hood.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There’s some turkey-specific gear coming out. Equinox Guard series…has hip vents in the pants, pretreated with permethrin. The fabric on the pant looks like the apex pant. If you google equinox guard you can see in google images a hoody that has an interesting design…looks like a core lightweight with different hand coverage and a different hood.
I posted pics of those pants a week ago