Sitka 6200 MH vs EXO

md126

WKR
Can anyone with experience with both compare the two? Also hear Sitka is coming out with a 4000 MtnHauler which is intriguing. I primarily deer/turkey hunt back east with a solo elk hunt out west every year or two. Thanks

Conbriden

FNG
No experience with the mountain hauler but had a bivy 45 that had about the squeakiest frame ever. My opinion would be to stick with a company that does packs and just packs

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I really liked the Exo when I tested it out and I'm just now testing a Sitka so I have less experience with it so far.

Both have a solid belt and harness in my opinion, along with stiff frames that transfer the load to your hips like they should.

The Exo has a very good meat shelf if that's something you like to use. The Sitka doesn't. The Sitka is more weatherproof but also a bit louder. The lids are similar to each other. Both pack down well for use as a day pack while easily expanding for larger loads.

Let me know any other specifics you would like compared.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
No experience with the mountain hauler but had a bivy 45 that had about the squeakiest frame ever. My opinion would be to stick with a company that does packs and just packs
A year ago I would have agreed with you. The Bivy 45 sucked!

The Mountain Hauler is a totally different pack though.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Conbriden

FNG
What all did they change about it? One of my big gripes was also the lack of a meat cradle