Sitka Aerolite

2531usmc

WKR
Any real world reports of using the new Aerolite Jacket out in the field? Sitka says it’s about 30% warmer than the old Kelvin Lite Hoodie but lighter and insulates better when wet. The old Kelvin Lite Hoodie was one of my favorite pieces of Sitka gear and I might have to replace it (assuming I can sneak an Aerolite Jacket past my wife).

bozeman

WKR
Wore mine for 8 days in CO….like a champ! At nite and in the early AM, temps in mid 30’s/low 40’s. Just a LW merino up under it was spot on.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wore mine for 8 days in CO….like a champ! At nite and in the early AM, temps in mid 30’s/low 40’s. Just a LW merino up under it was spot on.
Good to know definitely sounds warmer then the kelvin lite hoodie that I had. Can you comment on wind resistance?

OP
2531usmc

2531usmc

WKR
If you look at the Aerolite Jacket in the store, it looks so thin you wonder how it could be warmer than the old KLH

bozeman

WKR
Warm, yes. Wind wasn’t really a factor so not much comment…..but you could assume since wind wasn’t a factor, it must have been pretty good!

Any updates on the aerolite jackets? I thought coming out of winter there maybe be some good info now. Warmth and wind resistance?

kpbrown31

FNG
If you look at the Aerolite Jacket in the store, it looks so thin you wonder how it could be warmer than the old KLH
Exactly how I felt when I first glanced at them. I've never worn any of the Sitka puffy jackets, but it didn't seem like I'd wanna drop the money on it. Any feedback from anyone?

ToolMann

WKR
When Sitka had both on their website, the specification section showed the Kelvin Lite as 4 bars for warmth vs. 3 bars for thr Aerolite. I'd say that is accurate. I liked the Lite better than the Aerolite for warmth and materials, especially the inside of the jacket and hood.

OP
2531usmc

2531usmc

WKR
The Kelvin Lite was far and away my favorite Sitka piece. I would have thought if the aerolite was going to replace it, it would be equally popular. But there does not seem to be much interest in it.

I’ve got both. The Aerolite has become the semi active insulation in my cold weather kit. The Kelvin Lite is the puffy in my early season kit. The aerolite is not as warm, but it’s very breathable. For me it’s the late season version of the kelvin active.

It’s also become my go to day to day light weight puffy most of this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk