Sitka aficionados

Sled

WKR
I'm trying to get setup for early season and keep coming back to sitka because the quality of their old mountain pant. I looked at the current line and the mountain pant is significantly louder than mine. it seems to be a different fabric and all but the apex appear to be louder than my old sitka pants and tops. have they changed the fabrics or have mine just worn in?

since I still need something lighter than the mountain pant and like most things about apex i'm wondering if there's something else to compare with it? also, who make a quiet, breathable, thin jacket that has a full zip? i haven't seen anything like it in sitka and i can't lay hands on the kuiu line to know what they feel like. waterproofing isn't a major concern since i carry rain gear for afternoon T-storms.

thanks in advance

Scorpion

WKR
Apex if you want quiet, Ascent is pretty quiet and a good deal thinner. The Apex is a little warmer for early season use.

I personally prefer the Apex hoody to a light jacket for early season, especially for archery hunting. Maybe look at the mountain jacket from Sitka, I think it’s one of the lighter soft shell jackets out there.

Kryptek Altitiude series is also a good option but is a little louder than some of the Apex products.

I was really impressed with the apex bow hunting last year. Ran them for 70 down to 40. They are not ninja quite but as quiet as most of my other pants.

The mountain jacket sounds like it would be a good choice for a top. I will throw in a vote for the Traverse zip t. It is li,e a heavyweight fleece but with a wind and water resistance face.

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
thanks for the replys.

how does the kuiu tiburon compare in terms of breathability and noise? also do they have knee pads?