Sitka alternative?

TwoTikkas

WKR
First let me start by saying I think Sitka gear is one of the highest quality garments going. My Duffe bag reflects that. Recent events have prompted me to look at other options. After driving 60+ miles to pick up a Core Lightweight hoodie for my daughter. Having the store clerk tell me Sitka Gear wasn't honored by their store wide sale. Then having Sitka tell me it was in fact THEIR policy,not the policy of the store. Time to look for an alternative. They tell a devoted customer and poster boy for their brand to deal with it. Then, I see on social media ,that Sitka has GIVEN gear to an amateur videographer. I don't have a cute girlfriend following me around the brush. Still,I seem to get bucks on the ground, and can't take advantage of a sale. If they can wall paper every go pro hero with their gear,they can give a loyal customer a break now and then.

So,where do we go from here? What ever it ends up being it needs to be quality,durable gear. In a wide range of applications from warm to frigid. Made in the U.S. would be great.

Suggestions?

bsnedeker

WKR
Oh, this is going to be a fun christmas! Hold on while I get my popcorn!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
Sitke authorizes 1 sale per year, Late Jan up here.

I bought Sitka from 1shotgear last month and am unable to disclose the sale price but i would have been dissapointed had I waited for the local sitka sale.

I understand you reluctance to buy from them after their social media snafoo; I don't support other outdoor companies for similar reasons.

Squirrels

WKR
This made me chuckle because it is so true, they have to charge the rest of us so much for their stuff becasue they give so much of it away, or offer to certain individuals at such dicsounts we are required to make up for the lost margins! If they are all "testers" there should never be a need for a redisgn, lol. That many testers surely it's right the first time its offered to the public. I think Sitka makes great stuff, I only have 2 pieces left and one is for sale. My statements have nothing to do with whatever social media thing is going on as I honestly don't know what that is other than there were some long threads about something or the other I never read.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree the only thing that makes an impact is when you take your money elsewhere. Your going to be hard pressed to find anything made in America.
Few companies have the vast garment selection that Sitka has possibly kuiu. SKRE gear has been great for me but their offerings are more limited

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I love my First Lite for whitetails in the Midwest and their base layers for all my colder outdoor activities.

I've got a $ collection of Sitka gear too and some Kuiu. Love my Sitka Waterfowl stuff, not much else that comes close in Waterfowl.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I really like Sitka because it seems to hold up very well with hard use. With that said, it is very expensive for a lot of the pieces.

Check out these guys: SIXSITE Gear They may be just what you're looking for. By the way, I haven't used any of their stuff but I know Ryan and Tanya have tried some of it.

BluMtn

WKR
I really like Sitka because it seems to hold up very well with hard use. With that said, it is very expensive for a lot of the pieces.

Check out these guys: SIXSITE Gear They may be just what you're looking for. By the way, I haven't used any of their stuff but I know Ryan and Tanya have tried some of it.

I just checked out SIXSITE Gear and low and behold they actually have pants that are a true long. 36" inseams. We are getting closer to somebody making pants for us tall guys.

tdhanses

WKR
First lite make very good stuff but I have a feeling we’ll see fewer sales now that they are like kuiu with a direct to consumer model. Although they did have some great sales this fall.

OP
TwoTikkas

TwoTikkas

WKR
I have emails into SIXSITE and Skre. Read some reviews. I have a piece of Kryptec. Nice stuff. I've done side by side comparisons with the Sitka. There are differences good and bad each way.

One question for you all. I've noticed pants running shallow in the crotch. Is there one of the manufacturers that are deeper in the straddle? Just wondering.

First let me start by saying I think Sitka gear is one of the highest quality garments going. My Duffe bag reflects that. Recent events have prompted me to look at other options. After driving 60+ miles to pick up a Core Lightweight hoodie for my daughter. Having the store clerk tell me Sitka Gear wasn't honored by their store wide sale. Then having Sitka tell me it was in fact THEIR policy,not the policy of the store. Time to look for an alternative. They tell a devoted customer and poster boy for their brand to deal with it. Then, I see on social media ,that Sitka has GIVEN gear to an amateur videographer. I don't have a cute girlfriend following me around the brush. Still,I seem to get bucks on the ground, and can't take advantage of a sale. If they can wall paper every go pro hero with their gear,they can give a loyal customer a break now and then.

So,where do we go from here? What ever it ends up being it needs to be quality,durable gear. In a wide range of applications from warm to frigid. Made in the U.S. would be great.

Suggestions?

Kuiu, not American made but neither is Sitka.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Suggestions?
Well, Sitka always goes on sale in January and February....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sportsman's Warehouse doesn't participate in the sale, can't remember if Cabelas does or not, but everyone else does.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
There are lots of sales options for Sitka. Camofire has fantastic sales as well as elsewhere. I just bought a pair of Kiui pants on sale that I really like. Kuiu has a big following but doesn't have many sales and the kuiu outlet seldom has anything available in popular sizes.

wesfromky

WKR
You might check out Beyond clothing - I have a rain jacket from them that is pretty nice.

Unbelievable.

If I thought a piece or brand of clothing was the best I could find, I'd gladly pay full retail or even double the MSRP.

Sales are nice, but I've never been up on a mountain with failing gear and thinking "Man, this sucks but I got a heck of a deal on it!"