SITKA Ambient Collection

SITKA

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
SITKA has introduced its most advanced line of insulation pieces to date with the new Ambient Collection featuring PrimaLoft Evolve insulation that's engineered to adapt to changing weather conditions as well as levels of activity. This means when users are static and temperatures are low, the pieces insulate to deliver warmth. When wearers are active or temperatures rise, the pieces breathe well to expel heat.

“These active insulation products adapt to changing conditions allowing for more efficient layering,” said John Barlow, SITKA’s Big Game Product Manager. “The Ambient Collection transitions seamlessly from outerwear when active to a mid-layer as activity slows and temperatures drop."

The Collection features a Men’s Ambient Jacket ($309), a Women’s Ambient Jacket ($309), and a Men’s Ambient Hoody ($279). Each item is constructed with post-consumer recycled PrimaLoft Evolve insulation, 20-denier ripstop nylon fabric for durability, a DWR finish for enhanced weather protection, and mechanical stretch to provide comfort and a full range of motion.

img_SITKA_HS_2022_600042-PY-Ambient-Hoody-Pyrite_Studio_00843-HR-Large.jpeg

The PrimaLoft Evolve insulation mimics properties found in animal fur with fibers of differing lengths and deniers to create natural highs and lows in the material. This produces highly open structures that maximize airflow when on the move, and air entrapment when at rest, for optimal thermal performance with low bulk. Additionally, SITKA strategically designed the pieces without a traditional liner, making the garments two layers instead of the commonly used three-layer construction. This unique design creates a more efficient transfer of heat and moisture.

Each item is available in GORE OPTIFADE Subalpine with other select GORE OPTIFADE Patterns and solid colors available. To learn more about the collection, view a video overview and explore available colorways visit www.sitkagear.com/ambient.

img_SITKA_BG_2022_600043-OB-Ambient-Jacket-Optifade-Open-Country_Studio_0306-HR-Large.jpeg

Bump- looking for any info on the difference between the Traverse Jacket and Ambient Jacket.

So far my setup for 2022 Colorado elk is a merino base t-shirt, long sleeve lightweight core shirt, ambient hoody, kelvin vest, traverse jacket, and a puffy if i need it. Lowers are merino base and mountain pants. We're spending 8 days between 10-12k so prepared for all conditions. last year i woke up one day to nearly a foot of snow. I'm considering returning the traverse jacket for an ambient if its worth the hassle.

I havent fielded my ambient yet So I can’t speak to how well it works in action. Traverse is heavier and bulkier. I expect the ambient will breath much better. Warm, rain, wind resistance are still TBD for me.

I love my traverse hoodie as an outer layer in moderately cold weather on for shorter hunts but it is fairly heavy. When I am going long distances, I tend to mix and match lighter weight items. Assuming it performs as expected, my ambient is going to be in the mix as a mid layer for me this season.

Is this in place of Aerolite? I don’t understand how this fits into a system?
No. It is sort of a new category. It’s called active insulation. A mid layer piece. Basically an insulation piece that is supposed to breath so well you don’t need to remove it while active. There is some overlap with a puffy but not entirely.

There is a pretty good thread in the clothing forum on it.

I just spent a week wearing the ambient hoody and it’s awesome. I’d probably say that it will be in my kit for a long time. I saw temps from the teens to 60’s in the last week up high and I wore it every morning until about 9am when it warmed up; then it was back on every evening when the sun started dropping.

I ran this setup:
First Lite thin wool tshirt
Sitka Ascesnt shirt
Ambient hoody
Areolite puffy
Dew point rain shell

Was perfect for high country September