Sitka archery september pant ???

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I looking at one pair of sitka pants to cover September archery hunting . mostly under 10,000 feet. I have it down to the apex or mountain.
I like the mountain for the durability and pockets. I like the apex for weight and quietness . all my hunting will be September archery from 4000-10,000 both antelope and mule deer and elk .

some of you that have experience with both what do you think? I thinking the mountain they look like they last for years. But am concerned about them being to warm and heavy.

I also looked at the traverse and ascent ,But i feel there noisy for spot and stalk hunting

TravisIN

WKR
I really love my apex pants for whatever that’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griz34

Lil-Rokslider
For what you are describing I'd definitely go with the Apex pants. For spot and stalk hunting Apex are for sure the best Sitka pant. The Mountain pants are really nice, and probably not to warm in the mountains in September but I'd probably go with the Apex.

xcutter

WKR
For Sitka pants I really like my Ascents. For colder temps I like the Timberlines.

Really like the First Lite Corrugates also.

TheTone

WKR
Traverse is definitely worth a look. They are basically the same as some older versions of the ascents (2010-2015?) which are among my favorites

Stwrt9

WKR
Hot weather/ early Sept: Ascent/Apex
Late Sept/Cold weather: Timberline/Mountain

For a bit of a do it all pant consider the new Traverse pant.

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the input . I ended up going with the apex, pant. These just seem to be the only quiet pant sitka makes . I do wish they has a zipper pocket , I figure I can put a base layer under them for late September.We will see how they hold up. I am sure the mountain would last longer but there twice the weight of the apex.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like my apex pant. It just enough fabric to keep you worm in the mornings but not to much fabric to over heat you in the mid day. Comes with removable knee pads and has a DWR finish to help keep you dry.

Bobcat

Lil-Rokslider
I have the ascent and timberlines but it’s my mountain pants that I wear mid to late September elk hunting.

CP6

FNG
For me, Apex for cooler, Ascent was my go to for warmer weather, but I’m kinda digging the new Traverse. Own the Mountain pants, but they’re my cold weather/less walking pants. Hardly use knee pads, so the Traverse fabric really seems to be quieter than the Ascent (not as quiet as Apex), but they feel lighter to walk in compared to the mountains and dry a lot faster.

Jkling12

FNG
These traverse pants seem like a perfect later archery/ early rifle pant that you could toss a base layer or puffy pants on and go until timberlines.