Sitka Arrowhead Equipment MDWi Hoody Review, By Mike Moore

I posted this in an other thread, but got an email from Sitka Arrowhead - sounds like they're dissolving Arrowhead and the military line and concentrating just on the hunting.

Someone saw a new piece coming out by Sitka that could be the MDWi in disguise- was called the Sitka Ambient, supposedly comes out tomorrow.
Well that didn’t last long. Fingers crossed that they start offering more solids in their normal line at least.

Enr

FNG
@mtwarden How would you compare the Ambient with the MDWi hoodies?
Breathability
Dry time
Moisture management
Thermoregulation
Durability

wnelson14

WKR
My Ambient still has the tags on it; it's on the mid-layer shootout list, so hopefully can address some of your questions when we get rolling with it :)
Do you consider both the ambient and the arrowhead bow hunter quiet. And if so does the Mdwi get quiter with some washing I just got one and it definitely has some noise. Thanks!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not an archery hunter, but both are reasonably quiet in my experience. Both get a little quieter with washing.

Neither are definitely not fleece quiet.

I have the mdwi. It is quieter than a soft shell bit not as quiet as fleece or a fleece faced jacket like the stratus. I wouldn’t have a problem bow hunting with it, though it wouldn’t be my first choice for brush busting.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the review, mtwarden. Intruiged me enough to order one and initial impressions are very good. I'm curious, after a year or two of use, how is the insulation and outer material holding up?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the review, mtwarden. Intruiged me enough to order one and initial impressions are very good. I'm curious, after a year or two of use, how is the insulation and outer material holding up?

Mine is still in great shape. I wore it half of our 6 week hunting season (am testing the Ambient UL out so using it as well) and have been wearing almost daily on my local hikes. It's got a lot of miles on it now w/ no sign it's giving up anytime soon :D