Sitka ascent pants on camofire

I just bought the Sitka ascent pants on camofire for 50% off. Then I realized that they are in the big game line not the whitetail line. Can anyone tell me what would make them no good for stand hunting?

pwsINC

WKR
Noise and warmth. I'm sure a deer can still die with you wearing them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

pbcarch

WKR
I have them. They are a lightweight pants. For fall they are fine but as it gets colder you will need to layer

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

bounds

WKR
Not a thing wrong for stand hunting except like was said, they're just light weight. I live in Texas so it doesn't get too cold but I wear mine in my treestand the entire season. They're not noisy at all. Given I've had mine for 5+ years so they're broken in really well. You'll be really happy with them.

I have two pair of the Sitka Ascent pants, and don't find them any "less warm" than the cotton camo pattern stuff I got from Cabelas a few years ago. I wore merino wool under them, and also under the Sitka pants. The Ascent pants are much more comfortable than any other hunting pants I have worn in the past. They might be great for climbing and sitting in a tree stand.

OP
skyler_2010
They just showed up and I must say they are so comfortable I may order them in solid so I can wear them around town. I could see on a windy day they may be cool but I also have the ua 3.0 base layer I can put under them so we will see how it goes

They just showed up and I must say they are so comfortable I may order them in solid so I can wear them around town. I could see on a windy day they may be cool but I also have the ua 3.0 base layer I can put under them so we will see how it goes

Those pants are the first Sitka Gear purchase I made. I was so amazed at how comfortable they were. I proceeded to spend another $2k on more clothing. No am comfortable from 90 degrees down to 0 degrees. Really great stuff. Enjoy.