Sitka Ascent vest

Randle

WKR
I just watched the Avery Adventures podcast , great one by the way. As a gear nut I have also messed around with primos vest, bino packs and trying to get things stashed and ready to use. This vest looks interesting but not sure I want another layer to put on. It looks light enough and small enough . Anyone have one yet?
Sitka Ascent Vest

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't have one yet but I have one coming. Handles it at one of the shows this winter. Light and smart; I dont think you will be disappointed.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was intrigued by it from the sitka site. That pod cast confirmed my thoughts, an all around vest for different hunts and fishing, maybe?

I wonder how and if it works with a bino harness that isn't sitka? And if it would be offered in blaze orange?

FURMAN

WKR
I do not understand what that is going to do that a jacket and Bino harness won't do. Maybe if it were blaze orange since you have to have a vest anyway while rifle hunting.

I am interested to hear what people think.

I come from a .mil background and like the idea of an LBE or chest rack for gear. As I have posted elsewhere, I have a lightweight chest rack with Binos, rangefinder and an admin pouch. Keeps things handy and I don't have to load up my pockets.