Sitka Ascent vs Stone Glacier Dehavilland lite

Hey, I’m trying to decide between the ascent pant and the DH lite pant. I’m looking for anyone who has experience running both pants. Both as early season options, which would you prefer?

Thanks.

ljalberta

WKR
Very different pants in my opinion. The Ascent is significantly lighter weight and more breathable. The DHL is, in my opinion a fairly non-breathable pant, however the huge leg zips help relieve the heat in warm weather.

If you’re looking for a dedicated early season and HOT weather pant, the Ascent is the ticket. If you’re looking for a pant that can take the colder weather as well and that you could easily run into October, the DHL is the better option.

As a note, the DHL is one of my favourite pants, and if I could only have 1 pair for hunting all seasons, it would be the DHL. The fit, design, contour waist system and huge legs zips are awesome. I think the Ascent is the king of the dedicated early season pants at the moment though.

OP
Colinfarre5
Very different pants in my opinion. The Ascent is significantly lighter weight and more breathable. The DHL is, in my opinion a fairly non-breathable pant, however the huge leg zips help relieve the heat in warm weather.

If you’re looking for a dedicated early season and HOT weather pant, the Ascent is the ticket. If you’re looking for a pant that can take the colder weather as well and that you could easily run into October, the DHL is the better option.

As a note, the DHL is one of my favourite pants, and if I could only have 1 pair for hunting all seasons, it would be the DHL. The fit, design, contour waist system and huge legs zips are awesome. I think the Ascent is the king of the dedicated early season pants at the moment though.
agree on the DHL not being very breathable. I went on a scouting trip in the summer and my legs were sweating so much even with the vents open. Couldn’t get myself even remotely dry. Thats why I’m interested in the ascent pant.

Sounds like the ascent will be the best move. I wish Sitka offered more solid colors in their pants!

this is a spot on review of the DHL pant.

Hey, I’m trying to decide between the ascent pant and the DH lite pant. I’m looking for anyone who has experience running both pants. Both as early season options, which would you prefer?

Thanks.
Are you thinking 60-80degree temps early season or 80degree plus? I had some ascents and used them in 80+ temps but sold them because they could breathe a lot better if they had hip zips. Have you looked into the kuiu tiburon? Not a kuiu fan but for top end hot weather 80+ they are hard to beat

OP
Colinfarre5
Are you thinking 60-80degree temps early season or 80degree plus? I had some ascents and used them in 80+ temps but sold them because they could breathe a lot better if they had hip zips. Have you looked into the kuiu tiburon? Not a kuiu fan but for top end hot weather 80+ they are hard to beat
Looking for something for 80+ degrees. I would order the tiburons but there is no knee pad pocket and the ascent does. For me, knee pads are essential for any hunting pant. Even if they make them a bit hotter.

Looking for something for 80+ degrees. I would order the tiburons but there is no knee pad pocket and the ascent does. For me, knee pads are essential for any hunting pant. Even if they make them a bit hotter.
Ok if it's just for stalks I sometimes carry lightweight gardener knee pads, that might be an idea so you're not limited in your options to something with kneepad pockets

jfs82

WKR
I'm having hip vents put into my ascents, the tiburons are awesome and I would use those but they fit me oddly.

How long did it take everyone’s DHL to quiet up. Mine are really swooshing. I even washed and dried a few times with two pairs of tennis shoes. Damn they are comfortable though

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
early season- very tough to beat the Ascents imho; they breathe well/dry fast, fit is perfect (for me anyways), quiet, much more durable than their lightweight would suggest, deep front pockets and two very roomy cargo pockets and they are comparable with knee pads (but don't come with them)