Sitka Back Forty Pant?

novcie870

WKR
Anybody have any experience with the Back Forty Pant from Sitka? Not much in terms of reviews on line. Thanks so much for any input!

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Sitka Back Forty pants are my working pants. I do side work as a tree trimmer, climbing up and pacing down everything from blue spruce to subalpine fir and I have had the same pair for the last year and a half. Other then a lot of tree sap and a small bit of fraying were my hand saw hangs these pants are doing great.

Hopes this helps

OP
novcie870

novcie870

WKR
That is very helpful Scott! Thank you!
What would you compare the weight to? Do they breathe at all?

Im looking for a sturdy pant to use as an upland pant and some day hunt mule deer hunting type pant. Im set for backcountry already. Does that make sense?

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I imagine they would work great for that even though I haven't tried myself but have sold a few with that purpose in mind. The pants climbing around in the trees don't let anything that will pock you or cut you through the pants. The pants also don't pick up burs witch is really nice. They don't breathe that good. They are a little better then Carhart working pants when it comes to breathability.

I would say you will like them for what your trying to do.

OP
novcie870

novcie870

WKR
Just an update...

I got my Sitka Back Forty pants today. They are going to work perfect for what I was hoping. A perfect upland pant and perfect for day hunts for mule deer! I love the fit and the sizing was perfect. Tough material, but lightweight! I will let you know when the season starts and I get some hunts on them how they do.

So excited about these!

The Sitka Back Forty pants are my working pants. I do side work as a tree trimmer, climbing up and pacing down everything from blue spruce to subalpine fir and I have had the same pair for the last year and a half. Other then a lot of tree sap and a small bit of fraying were my hand saw hangs these pants are doing great.

Hopes this helps

I know this is an old post, but can you describe how thick the material is on the back forty pants? I have the Ascents and the Timberlines, would it fall between those?? Are they as thick as denim (blue jeans), or thinner??

Last edited: