Sitka Blizzard Parka Review, by Matt Wymer

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'd hate to steer you wrong, by making a size recommendation. The model I tested is a generation or two back, I'm not familiar with the newer model. I still think calling Sitka is your best bet. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Thanks for the reply. Would you say wearing this in negative teens to 40 would still have you sweating with being able to breathe? I have an old Cabelas MT050 Extreme from 20yrs ago im wanting to replace. I've got a late season here im trying to figure out a setup for. From another post I've now eliminated the Kutana Gale Force as the inseam is 34" and I cannot make that work for pants as my legs are too short

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is breathable enough for low exertion, when I got hot I just unzipped it to dump heat. Just want reiterate though, the version I tested was quite a while back. Sitka typically makes improvements with each generation of change, but my experience is limited to the older model. It is a rain jacket and a puffy all mixed together so it won't breath as well as each piece separately, but for cold weather, low exertion pursuits. it is amazing...

PA Hunter

WKR
I have had the Blizzard bought it to horseback hunt the Wyoming Thorofare for elk. It is warm but first time wearing it within 2 minutes I punctured a hole in the chest taking a branch in my chest in the dark on a horse.

I was shocked it punctured so easy compared to all my Kuiu gear. I only use it now if it’s not gonna get abused.

Decker9

WKR
I’m going on my third season with the blizzard parka, from winter goat hunts, to the trapline, to family ice fishing trips, it’s my go to bomb proof jacket. The trapline can be a wet cold place, Iv yet to be wet and cold with the parka, very highly recommend. Just bought one for my lady for Christmas as well... so she quits steeling mine.

For reference, I’m 5’ 11” 160 lbs and the large fits perfect, with room for layering.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Just got my blizzard set in today. Thought the jacket would be a bit larger as its a bit short on the fleece fabric thats supposed to cover your hand....but again I usually have to order LT to cover my arm length. Overall it feels good and look forward to using it. Keeping tags on it for a few months to see if the potential updated version blows my mind and can offload this one. 1shotgear helped me out and had what I needed in stock so props to them as I will be ordering more from them