Sitka Celsius or Celsius Midi

I am looking at getting either the Celsius or the Celsius Midi Jacket. What are your guys thoughts on these pieces. Would you call them insulation only pieces. Could they be worn as an outer shell. Are they durable. What temps would you use these down to as an outherlayer with proper layer. Thanks for any input.

SWOHTR

WKR
Celsius: Insulation only. Not recommended to wear if you're going to be doing a lot of walking. Wind will cut through it. It's like wearing a pillow. Durable, yes, but would not recommend taking them through berrybushes too frequently. Have used in the mid-teens with the core heavyweight baselayer and generic bibs.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Celsius is going to be much warmer than the Midi. You can wear either as an outer layer, but the Celsius will catch burrs, the Midi not so much. Midi for moving, Celsius for long sits. The Midi is the whitetail version of the Kelvin active jacket. Both are quiet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

szuerker

FNG
The wrists and forearms of the Celsius make it hard to wear a watch. They are that tight. Wind cuts through it like butter, but a Kelvin Lite vest underneath solves much of that problem. It is a magnet for beggars lice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk