Sitka Clothing fit

Bnews05

FNG
How do items such as the core lightweight crew ss shirt, merino core lightweight half zip fit. I wear XL in shirts just trying to figure out whether they run big or small

Hondo

WKR
It would help to know what brands of xl shirts fit you well. I find the Core tops to fit a bit larger than Kuiu and a bit smaller than First Lite of the same size.

Trial153

WKR
How do items such as the core lightweight crew ss shirt, merino core lightweight half zip fit. I wear XL in shirts just trying to figure out whether they run big or small
I have both that you listed. I am an XL in most every top and I wear xl in both these. They are sized to be base layers and fit close to the skin. They both fit well for me.

OP
B

Bnews05

FNG
It would help to know what brands of xl shirts fit you well. I find the Core tops to fit a bit larger than Kuiu and a bit smaller than First Lite of the same size.
I do not own any kuiu, sitka or first lite. But in just regular cotton and button up shirts I wear XL.

If you normally wear an XL then buy an XL in sitka uppers. The layers designed to be next to skin or lightweight stuff is going to be more form fitting, meaning not a lot of sag or bagginess to the fit. They won’t be right, but even if form fitting they are stretchy enough it won’t be a problem. They are pretty well explained in the webpage, regarding how the cuts were made to be layered over, under, or at all.
For reference, I wear a large shirt in everything, and a large lwh fits well, nice and snug but not too tight. It does have quite a bit of flex and stretch in the material, very comfortable fit.

I’m the same. I believe Sitka to be true to size. I have numerous XL items and have zero complaints. Let me know if you need a Mountain Jacket XL or Timberlines in 38T, both in subalpine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bnews05

FNG
If you normally wear an XL then buy an XL in sitka uppers. The layers designed to be next to skin or lightweight stuff is going to be more form fitting, meaning not a lot of sag or bagginess to the fit. They won’t be right, but even if form fitting they are stretchy enough it won’t be a problem. They are pretty well explained in the webpage, regarding how the cuts were made to be layered over, under, or at all.
For reference, I wear a large shirt in everything, and a large lwh fits well, nice and snug but not too tight. It does have quite a bit of flex and stretch in the material, very comfortable fit.
Great info, thanks !

I’ve found their core stuff to be on point with the sizing. I opt for the tall option when I can find it as sleeves or torso length being too short is a pet peeve of mine.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka has excellent customer service. If you need advice just call them. The gear is designed to layer up within size. However, I am a L, wear L for most but their advice got me to XL rain jacket so I can get more use w puffy under it. Great people.

For sure, I got a XL kelvin WS puffy as well, to be able to layer under. And I got XL rain pants to put on over layers. I have a XL jet stream jacket for layers, and by itself it is big (not terribly) but I can fit up to four layers including a low profile puffy under it very comfortably.
their clothing is made to layer, and that is well described in their website descriptions.

It’s that time of year I try on my hunting clothing and check myself out in the mirror.

Don’t pretend like you haven’t done it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s that time of year I try on my hunting clothing and check myself out in the mirror.

Don’t pretend like you haven’t done it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha!!! That’s awesome, you literally made me laugh out loud on that one. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8saki

FNG
True to size, depends how you like your fit, I can wear either M or L but prefer M as it has less material to get caught up on my bow, gear etc.

406unltd

WKR
They have a confusing and erratic size system. This might help. I have some others available as well. Good luck