Sitka core lightweight vs merino

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bunch of Merino I wear next to skiing but still seams like I sweat a lot and get a little cold once I'm on stand. Looking at trying the core lightweight to see if it dries faster. Anyone have experience with it vs Merino for walking in? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would think even if you sweat the merino should keep you warmer than if you sweat with the core light. Are you walking to the stand with other layers on top?

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
No other layers on top. I like the Merino as a second layer or if I don't have a far walk. I always backpack my other layer and suit in.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I like Merino, I have used it in temps over 80 when hunting pronghorns, it's like climate control underwear. I have First Lite and Core4, both work well, the First Lite has a little sturdier construction IMO.

OP
R

rev44

Lil-Rokslider
I have lots of first lite. I do like it a lot. Just seeing how it compares to the core lightweight or something else for drying and or a better option for long walks.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
Like you i have a lot of Smartwool and other company’s merino top and bottom layers from skiing. Tried the Sitka core layer and also UA and was unimpressed. Went back to merino as it actually kept me warm and felt it wicked sweat better. Only synthetic I have liked is UA as 1st layer. Still prefer the merino though