Sitka core sizing.

I'm going to be picking up a Sitka core heavyweight. I plan on using it as an insulation piece over my baselayers.

My question, how is the fit on these? Are they sized similar to the mid weight and lightweight cores? Or are they sized up a bit to allow for layers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motts

Lil-Rokslider
How many and what weight baselayers are you talking about trying to fit underneath it?

I have one in a large (5'9", 175, 42" chest, athletic build) and I think that it fits perfect. I can comfortably get both a long sleeve baselayer like a kuiu 145 zip-t and a short sleeve kuiu 125 t-shirt under it, but it gets pretty snug if I try to get the 145 and a chama under it. If I had to layer both the 145 and the chama under it, I would either drop the chama and/or the core heavyweight top in favor of a light puffy or softshell on top of everything. I also have the Patagonia r1 in a large, which I think is, overall, a little more snug, and longer in the torso and sleeves, in case you wanted another decent option.

OP
tipsntails7
How many and what weight baselayers are you talking about trying to fit underneath it?

I have one in a large (5'9", 175, 42" chest, athletic build) and I think that it fits perfect. I can comfortably get both a long sleeve baselayer like a kuiu 145 zip-t and a short sleeve kuiu 125 t-shirt under it, but it gets pretty snug if I try to get the 145 and a chama under it. If I had to layer both the 145 and the chama under it, I would either drop the chama and/or the core heavyweight top in favor of a light puffy or softshell on top of everything. I also have the Patagonia r1 in a large, which I think is, overall, a little more snug, and longer in the torso and sleeves, in case you wanted another decent option.

A llano or a 145-170 weight baselayer only. It will actually be replacing an R1 as I want the hood of the Sitka. Is your heavyweight core the same size as your R1?

I have a 50 inch chest, so I'm debating on going up a size for a little room.

LBFowler

WKR
Not the most helpful, but just another reference point:

I'm 6'2" and 160#, 38" chest, noodle arms, and I found the core lightweight hoody to be pretty snug in a medium. I'd say they fit on the small side, certainly my medium first lite chama feels like a whole size larger.

OP
tipsntails7
Not the most helpful, but just another reference point:

I'm 6'2" and 160#, 38" chest, noodle arms, and I found the core lightweight hoody to be pretty snug in a medium. I'd say they fit on the small side, certainly my medium first lite chama feels like a whole size larger.

Appreciate it. The Chama comparison helps.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
A llano or a 145-170 weight baselayer only. It will actually be replacing an R1 as I want the hood of the Sitka. Is your heavyweight core the same size as your R1?

I have a 50 inch chest, so I'm debating on going up a size for a little room.

Sorry about the delayed response - both my R1 and Core Heavyweight are size large (both also have hoods). For reference, I wear a medium in the Kuiu merino, large in the guide jacket and kenai, medium in the first lite aerowool (it's a little snug, but a large would probably be looser than I want), a large in the chama hoody, medium in the uncompahgre. I had a large llano and large kuiu 145, but found both to be baggier than I wanted.

I'm going to be picking up a Sitka core heavyweight. I plan on using it as an insulation piece over my baselayers.

My question, how is the fit on these? Are they sized similar to the mid weight and lightweight cores? Or are they sized up a bit to allow for layers?

i would wear the same size in all your core pieces

if you need more sitka help just let us know

IdahoBeav

WKR
FYI, the Traverse Cold Weather hoody is $110 right now on camofire.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk