WTS Sitka Dew Point Rain Jacket and Pant

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have for sale the Sitka Dew Point jacket and Pant in size Large. This set is a backpackers dream, extremely lightweight yet still feels durable. Adam Foss really sold me on this jacket, in which he uses it sheep hunting and wears the kelvin down WS underneath when stationary.
8d01c28b8ef34ba8b44b948744addf4b.jpg

The set is in great condition. I bought to throw in my pack when hunting 2nd season in Colorado. The reason I’m selling is I decided to ditch my soft shell jacket and go to a rain jacket as my primary western hunting jacket (kuiu kutana), which seems more burly than the dew point and is more intended for brush busting. I’ve never brush busted with the dew point as I would just put it on when it snowed and I was sitting down. No holes, or anything. The pants zip on and off, jacket has massive pit zips as well.
Looking to get $375 shipped to your door for the set. Buy with confidence, if you have questions let me know. Looking to profit $350, shipping has been costing me $20-25 on most items I’ve sold. PayPal preferred.
504e987338e88905c10136e419a75ca3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
$350 TYD killer deal for a high quality set of rain gear that is in very good condition.

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It’s not a tight fit but yes I believe they run true to size. I wear a large in everything Sitka. For instance I can snuggly fit my big kelvin down WS in a large underneath the dew point. On the other hand it seems to fit just right without anything but the jacket on, if that makes any sense. It’s not like a large jetstream jacket if you are familiar with it. The jetstream has a more slim fit to me. I don’t think I could fit my kelvin underneath it in a large. I think they built the dew point to layer underneath a larger puffy if desired.

OverlandOnTheFly

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Makes sense, not familiar with that other jacket but... I am torn between getting a bomber hardshell. Or keep on working on my layering system.
As for the pants, what pants do you put those over now? I rock the Sitka Stratus in a large and they seems like they run pretty big, and a rain pant to fit over them would have to be oversized.

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What are you thinking you’ll use the dew point pant for? The dew point pant is mainly to have in your pack in case of a storm, it’s not meant for a burly outer layer pant. I have the stratus pant that I tree stand hunt in. You could fit the dew point over them, it’d be real tight though. I believe all of sitkas rain gear is made a little large so you can wear insulation if need be. I can wear a pair of puffy pants underneath mine just fine. If you wear a large in all things Sitka a large in the dew point is what you want.

OverlandOnTheFly

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What are you thinking you’ll use the dew point pant for? The dew point pant is mainly to have in your pack in case of a storm, it’s not meant for a burly outer layer pant. I have the stratus pant that I tree stand hunt in. You could fit the dew point over them, it’d be real tight though. I believe all of sitkas rain gear is made a little large so you can wear insulation if need be. I can wear a pair of puffy pants underneath mine just fine. If you wear a large in all things Sitka a large in the dew point is what you want.

I’m looking for exactly how you were using them. I want to have a set of raingear in my pack, but need it to fit over my warm clothes so I can use them whitetail hunting. I’ve always landed between a L and XL and have limited experience with Sitka sizing. We don’t have any high-end retailers anywhere around me where I can go try any of this stuff on. Just worried it will be to tight once I have a few layers on. Thanks for being patient and answering all of my questions.

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’m looking for exactly how you were using them. I want to have a set of raingear in my pack, but need it to fit over my warm clothes so I can use them whitetail hunting. I’ve always landed between a L and XL and have limited experience with Sitka sizing. We don’t have any high-end retailers anywhere around me where I can go try any of this stuff on. Just worried it will be to tight once I have a few layers on. Thanks for being patient and answering all of my questions.

If you are whitetail hunting I would definitely get their downpour or the incinerator. If you are in between I would get an XL probably depending on how often you have to layer. Especially if you are wanting to put them over a pair of stratus. The dew point pants are loud compared to the two pants I mentioned. I have the downpour pants and they are great. They roll up really tight, not a lot of weight difference, and I’d say are little more burley.

OverlandOnTheFly

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you are whitetail hunting I would definitely get their downpour or the incinerator. If you are in between I would get an XL probably depending on how often you have to layer. Especially if you are wanting to put them over a pair of stratus. The dew point pants are loud compared to the two pants I mentioned. I have the downpour pants and they are great. They roll up really tight, not a lot of weight difference, and I’d say are little more burley.

Thanks for your candidness, it shows what type of person you are. Looking out For someone, and not trying to sell them some thing that doesn’t quite work for them.
That being said let’s get Ben’s stuff sold!

OP
BenHankins

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thank you, it’s a lot of money I just want to help people get something they’ll like.